Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Watch Out Kindergarten.....

Welcome to Back To School Week at SweetSassyDiva!  This is Lori from ScrappinMyStressAway with my project.  My son Tanner starts kindergarten next month and I sure hope they are ready for him!!!

I have a hard time creating a layout before I have the photos!!  I tried to keep it simple so the pictures can shine.


I laid out my two page idea on a 12 x 24 mat on my Gypsy screen. 
I put this apple from Makin' the Grade on my mat at 6.03 w x 6.97h.  I copied the apple and flipped it.  Then I copied both apples onto another layer.  I went back to the first layer and hid the outer cut so just the inside of the apple cut out.  These will be cut out in cream paper.

On the next Layer, I hid the inner cut.  These will be cut out in red cardstock.

I copied the red apples to the next Layer and moved them so they hung off the mat.  I only needed the leaf and this way did not waste much paper.

Here are my apples!

I used the back side of this K&Co. 4th of July paper for the inside cut of my apple.

I moved the apple pieces to the center of my mat so I would not get the background images from the top and bottom of the paper.

I used Birthday Bash for the font.  Kindergarten is sized at 1.07 inches, Tanner is sized at 1.46 inches, the rest of the words are sized at .69 inches.  I usually use the enlarge and shrink buttons to determine how big my letters are in relation to the 12x12 page.

The banner pieces are also from Birthday Bash sized at 2.08 inches.

I cut out my title and banner from Christmas papers (Old Fashoined Christmas pad from Recollections) to match my color palate of maroon, hunter green and cream.

I am using the negative piece to line up my title.  I ran the letters through my Xyron sticker maker.
I stick the letters in their place and gently pull away the negative piece.
I overlapped the apple with two 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 photo mats. I used a little twine and some buttons to embellish the page.
I inked the inner apple piece with red ink.  I also used this border strip from K&Co.  It is actually a yard stick, but it was close enough to a ruler for me!!
On this page, I used a 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 mat for a photo, lots of journaling space on the apple and a cute banner with buttons on it.
I think I am going to add 1st D A Y to the banner flags.....
I used twine here as well.
And here is my layout all together.  I know I am ready for the first day of kindergarten, I hope the teacher is!!

2 comments:

QuiltFrog said...

Love your layout!!!! But as a teacher, your title makes me nervous...ha ha ha. I am sure that Tanner and his teacher will both have a great time this year.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a wonderful page. Your scrapbooks must be awesome! Love the layout. TFS