Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, August 9, 2010

Easter circa 1972

I created this layout after seeing a similar layout in the Summer 2010 issue of Scrapbooking & Beyond.   This is me and my brother all dressed up for Easter in 1972 (thank goodness the dates are printed on the photos!!).  We are on our "rides" posing for the photo.
This layout was designed by Tracey Taylor and is found on pages 28 & 29.  I loved how she layered the circles in the background.  I also love that it was not perfectly centered on the page.
I copied the look by layering 3 circles on my Gypsy.  The largest scalloped circle is from Easter 2010 and is shown by itself below.  I got a lot of questions on this one ~ it is my favorite image from the Easter cart!!  The scalloped circle is from Lacy Labels as well as the plain circle. 
Here is the pretty scalloped circle from Easter 2010.  If you center the scallop on your page, you can use the negative on a different page.
I used A Child's Year for the title.  The flowers came from Michaels ~ they are silk flowers that I just took apart.  I added some brads for the centers.  I put the tulle behind the photo to soften up the page.  I added pencil lines for journaling.
This is another layout that I used the same circles, but centered them on the page for a different look.

4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These are such a beautiful layouts and each so different even with their similarities! TFS

TraciVee said...

Great pages, Lori! I've really been into using giant circles in my layouts lately, too. Such a great idea!

Barb Craft said...

Both of these LOs are fabulous!! i always find it amazing how you can cut the exact same shape from two different papers and end up with two totally different LOs!! I really like the disney one!! with a trip coming up in October, I may just have to lift this one!!
Barb :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Love-love your layouts!!!