Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July Fold Out Card

Happy 4th of July!!  I made a fun little card for Sheila's blog today!  My friend belongs to a card kit of the month club and she showed me her kit last month.  There was a fold up card that I just had to try to make.
This is my template.  It took me 3 tries to get it how I wanted it.  I grabbed a square from Plantin Schoolbook (any square will do).  I tapped the Real Size Button that has an "a" on it just above the Cut Button. 

The first rectangle is sized at 10w x 3h.  Then I made a 3w x 3h square and welded it to the bottom of the far right side of the first rectangle.  I copied and flipped a second card so I can cut out two at a time.  I saved this file as card.template.foldup. 

I re-opened the file to create my 4th of July card and when I finished I hit Save As and renamed the file to card.template.foldup.july4th.  This way I still have my original template file.
Next, I found some cuts from Independence Day and put them on Layer 3.  Layer 2 had some smaller squares that I thought I was going to use to layer on the card but changed my mind.
I grouped my cuts into colors and cut them out.  After I was finished, I realized I only cut out one set of stripes for the swags.  For some reason this kind of thing has been happening a lot lately (I am a little distracted at times during the summer).  No worries, I just highlighted the stripes, opened Layer 4 and copied them twice.  I cut them out and had enough stripes!!!
For the I *heart*  USA there was no layer so I cut it out in white and red and just snipped off the letters.  I glued the red heart over the white one.
The smaller rectangle on the front needed something so I added three stars from Plantin.  I made my own border by using two 1" stars and one 3/4" star slightly rotated.  I welded them together and put a second smaller star on the mat to pop dot on top.
I scored the card at 3" and 8" across the top.

I turned it sideways and scored at 3"

I added some red, yellow and clear stickles to give it a little sparkle.

I tied some ribbon around the seam of the card for fun.

I hope you have a wonderful July 4th!!

2 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful card and tutorial with us today as She's A Sassy Lady. It is very unusual in shape and I love the art you used. Thanks again Lori.

Amber J said...

Very creative. I would never have thought of this!