Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mix It Up ~ BBQ Layout

Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with this week's Mix-It-Up project for SweetSassyDiva.  Our theme was to use several cartridges (check) BBQ theme (check) and a Bold Color (check).  I do not have either of the BBQ themed cricut cartridges, so my Gypsy and I got to work!

The tree is from Just Because Cards sized to 6.23w x 14.93h (real size is 5.78 x 6.92).  The sun is from H20 sized at 2.56w x 2.54h.  The grill shape is from Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons ~ it is the watermelon at 3.79w x 1.59h (minus the slice) and the oval is from George 0.99w x 2.68h rotated 90 degrees.


For the legs of the grill, I used 2 "A"s from Cherry Limeade at 1.52w x 1.94h.  I put another oval on my mat for the grill top.  Again I used George and sized the oval to 0.99w x 2.68h, rotated 90 degrees.  I cut these out in black.

On the 3rd Layer, I put some grass from Everyday Paper Dolls at 12.0w x 2.73h.  I copied a second grass on the mat.  I put the banner from Birthday Bash on the mat at 6.01w x 4.06h.  I put BBQ from Cherry Limeade at .80 inches and the watermelon from Creative Memories at .73 inches.  I copied the watermelon and layer and then hid the watermelon half from each as I only needed the slice. 

I put four skinny balloons (aka hotdogs) on my mat from George and Basic Shapes sized at 0.21w x 0.57h.  I put four circles (hamburgers) on my mat from George at 0.36w x 0.33h.  I put three clouds from Create A Critter on my mat at 2.49w x 2.06, 1.92w x 1.59h and 2.63w x 2.18h.  I hid the inner cut on all three.

Here are the pieces all cut out.

Here is my grill all assembled.

Some hamburgers complete with grill marks! 
Some hot dogs with grill marks!

 
I used some stickles to create the grill top and the smoke.

I put orange stickles on the bottom layer of the sun (under the swirl) and some waterfall stickles on the cloud.

I added some journaling and twine to my layout.

I cut the bird off my banner and added BBQ and the watermelon slice.  I did change my paper for the banner to match the photo mats.

I put some gold stickles on the swing rope.

Here are a couple of photos from our 4th of July BBQ.  I can almost smell the grill!!

6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great page, I just love back yard BBQ's and this just took me there.... yup I can smell the food cooking!

artfuldelight said...

Super cute and very creative on the BBQ grill. :-)

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the grill marks on the food.

Alvina said...

What a beautiful and fun layout!!! I love it!!!

K-E Kreations said...

Great LO!! I love all the little small details you added. They make a big impact.

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Nice layout. I love summer/bbq pages. Of course I wish that was everyday life! LOL. Great pages.
Cindy