Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, December 23, 2011

Painted Wine Bottle (Frosted Designs)

This week at Frosted Designs, our Fabulous Friday Challenge is to use Fabric in your project.  I found some painted wine bottle projects on Pinterest and decided to create one.
I don't drink wine.  I have not aquired a taste for it so I enlisted the help of my wine drinking friends to save their empty bottles for me!  I sprayed the bottles with a coat of primer first.  When that dried, I sprayed the bottle with purple Krylon paint.
While the bottle was drying, I made a fabric rose to attach to a denim pocket (saved from my too-big jeans). I cut a strip of purple fabric and punched a circle out of a scrap of cardstock.
Starting in the center, I hot glued the fabric around and around and trimmed off the extra tail.
I hot glued the flower to the pocket (the coin pocket from the front of a pair of jeans) and hot glued a pearl to the center of the flower.
In order to attach the pocket to the bottle, I punched two holes in the back of the pocket with my Crop-A-Dile.
I strung a denim and lace strip through the holes and tied it to the neck of the bottle.

 
I added some stick on pearls, a crocheted flower and some purple gems.  I bought my crocheted flowers from my fellow Design Team member Debbie Bakk!
For a final touch, I cut out the word "love" in gold vinyl and adhered it to the bottle.

2 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, Lori, this bottle looks fantastic -- and I love the pocket apron!!!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed holiday, my sister-friend!!!

Hugs!

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Lori, everything is SO beautiful! We are so behind and you have been really busy! Love everything! We hope you have the Merriest Christmas Ever!!!