Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, April 2, 2012

Baseball Layout

Hi!  Today is my day over at ShesASassyLady with a layout that pretty much sums up my life right now ~ baseball season!  We have baseball 3-5 times a week.  This past Saturday, Tyler got to play at Werner Park Stadium which is the home of the Omaha StormChasers - the minor league team formerly called the Omaha Royals.
I wanted to try a new technique that I saw in the Spring 2012 issue of Scrapbooking & Beyond - inking words on scrapbook paper.  I used Varsity Letter and overlapped the letters and numbers on my Gypsy.  I changed the sizes for an interesting look.

I used my Chomas Creations gel pen holder and a black pen to draw my words and numbers on a piece of white cardstock.  I used the colorblok paper that has a little texture on it.


I took this photo of Tyler on the day of his first game before his pants got dirty.

I distressed and inked the edges of the paper and inside the images.

I spritzed the paper with turquoise Perfect Pearls Mist.  This caused the inks to blend and bleed a bit plus it added a little bit of shimmer.  I trimmed some baseball papers to create a backdrop for the photo and spritzed them too.

I added a hemp stitch to each corner.  This helps to keep the paper from curling up and adds to the "boyed down" look.  You can see the paper here - I think it looks like canvas.

I used some leather cord as a border and glued on some knots.

I added Tyler and his jersey number with these tiny stickers.

I used this large glove sticker (I believe it is Jolee's) that I bought years ago.  I wrapped it for my son for Christmas - he got to pick out a new baseball glove.  It finally has a permanent home!

In hindsight, I think the words and numbers would look better a little smaller.  I also would skip the red and find a darker blue to match the jersey.  All in all, it was a fun and messy project!

6 comments:

K-E Kreations said...

I love this technique!! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I like the red, but I would have used it on a different word that's all. Very cool page, Lori!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori what a beautiful page . Love the detail and the colors and look how handsome your son is. He is getting to look so grown up, I bet he has all the girls chasing after him. Fun page thanks for sharing with us at She's A Sassy Lady.

papillon digital design said...

Love the layout. Cool title coloring. Love it. TFS

Cricut Couple said...

Oooohhhhh!!!! That's what those pens are for? I didn't even know this was possible!!! SO STINKIN' COOL!!!!

Jenny said...

I just LOVE the writing on the side! Love your layout! I'm just sayin' I got scrap lift this layout! LOL