Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, July 1, 2013

4th of July Card


Hello and Happy July!!!

If you are looking for the Frosted Design Blog Hop Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, please go HERE.  

Today I am sharing my 4th of July card over at She's A Sassy Lady!

I saw something similar on Pinterest and wanted to figure out how I could re-create it with my Silhouette Cameo.



Here is the LINK to the pin.

I am not a stamper so my card looks a bit different:


I am new to Cami (my cameo) and having a little trouble transferring my knowledge of Gypsy to Cami.....but I keep trying!!!

I found some images from the Silhouette Store that I wanted to use for my card.

I used a stars and stripes banner, statue of liberty silhouette and fireworks.  I left the word Fireworks!! and layers off the mat.

I used scrap cardstock in red, white and kraft brown to cut out the images.


Here is one example of me most likely doing this the hard way:  I ungrouped the banner image and carefully drug each inside cut off the mat in order to create a white background banner.  With Gypsy, you just hide contour.  With Cami each tiny piece is a piece once you ungroup.

Another example:  I just cut out two banners, one in red and one in blue as ungrouping and moving the tiny pieces off the mat was driving me crazy!!!


I cut out lady liberty in brown kraft paper and inked her up with shades of green.


I adhered a piece of silver carstock on top of my blue mat.  I taped twine and ribbon to the back of the blue cardstock before I adhered it to the front of the card.


I layered the fireworks on the card.  I added some silver stickles to the centers and edges.

I adhered the red and blue banner flags to white banner flags and pop dotted them on the twine.

I pop-dotted Lady Liberty in front of the fireworks.


Here is a side view of the pop-dots.


My card is different from the one I pinned, but I like the 3D  look better.

I hope you have a safe and Happy 4th of July for those of you who celebrate it!!!

Thank you Sheila for having me over today!!




1 comment:

Jenny said...

Got to LOVE the red, white & blue! Boy oh boy I do!!! Great card Lori! Thanks for sharing!