Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Saturday, August 23, 2014

Wine Glass Lamp Shade

Hello and Happy Saturday!!!  I was looking for some wine glass designs on Pinterst and came upon this tutorial for a lamp shade!!  I thought how fun (I think I am a little ADD - hey look a squirrel!!!).

Where was I?  Oh yeah Pinterest.  Here is a link to the tutorial that I found.  It has a template you can print off too!  LINK 
Instead of paper, I used a sheet of Rowlux purple film.  This plastic film is a bit transparent and very easy to work with.  I printed out the template (above) and cut it out.  Note - next time I will print it off onto cardstock paper!!! 
I used a pencil to trace the template.  Some parts of the Rowlux sheet were a little wavy so my line was not drawn perfectly, but I thought it was better than the Sharpie I first grabbed! 
I rolled up the lamp shade and used this Quick Grip permanent adhesive from Beacon.  I have to be honest here - I was skeptical!  I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly it stuck!  I was afraid I would be left holding the lamp shade for a while - it only took maybe 90 seconds. 
Here is the seam.  I did squeeze a bit too much at the top, but the adhesive dries clear! 
I grabbed a 15 ounce wine glass and put a battery operated tea light inside. 
I set the lamp shade on top - you can see the light!! 
I added some pearl trim from Recollections from my stash.
This dainty lamp will look great in my living room!!

For more information about Rowlux, you can visit HERE or HERE.

For more information about Beacon, you can visit HERE or HERE.

1 comment:

DIANA L. said...

Great lampshade I love the look. Thanks for the tutorial also. I just became your newest follower. I hope you will follow me to. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com