Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, September 1, 2014

Cheers!

Hello and Happy Labor Day!!

Today I am featured at my good friend Sheila's BLOG!

I made this set of wine glasses to donate to a very worthy cause.  I met a wonderful lady who organized a Women's Night at her children's elementary school where I was a vendor selling wine glasses last year.  Her friend recently was diagnosed with ALS.  They are having a Spaghetti Feed/Silent Auction on September 28th at the Fire Union Hall on 60th and Grover (Omaha) to help raise money for medical expenses.

For more information or to help, go HERE.

When I sell wine glasses, I do not use licensed images.  I made the exception since I am donating these glasses.   I used my cameo and vinyl to cut out Huskers.

I added some bling to the base of my glasses.  I used red, black and clear gems and clear tiny beads. 
 I put Beacon 527 on half of the base and put my bigger gems down first.
 I filled in with the smaller gems using a pair of tweezers to help.  I then put adhesive on the other side of the base and repeated.
 I put the small beads into a paper bowl and used my hand to press them into the empty spaces.

I let the glasses sit for 24 hours and then shook off the excess beads. 
I recommend hand washing only!! 
As a crafter, I love making things for other people whether I sell them or give them away.  I was very honored to be able to donate these!

The ice bucket challenge has been going around and I was challenged by 2 people.  My son Tanner was also challenged by 2 people.  My helper Kylie was challenged by one of our daycare moms (same lady who challenged me too)! 
We did our challenge together after school with the daycare cheering us on!!!

2 comments:

Beth F. said...

Wow! Imagine my surprise to see the Huskers glasses on your blog. I too am from good old NE, but live in the Northeast part of the state. What a great way to raise donations!

Unknown said...

Your wine glasses are beautiful! How wonderful that you donated them to such a great cause. Thanks for sharing with Creative Spark Link Party.
Glenna @ My Paper Craze