Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, October 6, 2014

Burlap Baby Keepsake

Hello - Today I am sharing my project with my good friend Sheila from She's A Sassy Lady.  I have a big favor to ask of you - will you please click the link to her blog and tell her Congrats for being Cancer Free 1 Year this month!!!  She battled breast cancer and is finally back to crafting and creating - I was so happy to share her news!!!!!

I made a gift for a special new baby!  Owen will join my home daycare in December.  He is the fourth child in the family and I am so excited to have this family for several more years - they are so good to me!!!

I got the design idea from Pinterest.  I have made several of these keepsakes out of vinyl, but this is my first burlap one and I really love it for boys!!
I started with this burlap product found at Wal-Mart.  It is laminated on the back side and sized to 8 1/2 x 11. 
I used my Silhouette Cameo to design and color in my words and hearts.  You can see my design process here - different fonts and phrases.  I had two different models, but liked this one the best.

I moved the image over to the top left side of my mat, making sure the overall design was within 8 x 10 inches so it would fit in my frame. 
Instead of sending the image to my Cameo to cut, I sent it to my printer. 
I went into my printer settings and changed the paper to "Other Specialiy Paper".  I loaded my burlap into my printer laminated side up (my printer pulls in the paper and flips it over - you may need to check your printer). 
I trimmed off the edges so it fit in the frame.
Ready to put in the gift bag - I just love making personalized gifts!!!
Isn't he just precious?!!

1 comment:

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

This is so adorable. I love your tutorial on how you did it. TFS.
BL!
Anita