Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, July 10, 2015

Dad Blocks

Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a fun project for Dad.
 
I had a special request for a Father's Day gift for my neighbor.  She is one of my best customers -she researches fun projects and asks me to make them for her!!
 
I took photos of her three grandkids and copied them in black and white on photo paper.  I had some 3" blocks left over from some home décor from years ago.  Yes I keep things for years hoping to repurpose them...No I am not a hoarder!!! 
I cut out two sets of letters spelling Dad and put them on two sides of the block.  I decided to put them on opposite sides so you could see pictures on each side of the letters.
 
I trimmed the pictures and used mod podge to adhere them.  I put a coat of mod podge on the block and another coat on top of the photo.  Once the blocks dried, I added a final coat of mod podge.
Kyle loved his gift and is going to put these on his desk.
 
When my son was a baby, I made smaller blocks that spelled his name and had photos of him.  I still have those 9 years later!!
 
Thanks Sheila for letting my share this project with you on your blog!!
 



2 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Saw this at Sheila's blog. What a great idea. I got excited, and then remembered Father's Day passed, so next year. I'm making a note.

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome project! Here's another idea you can do with blocks. You'll need 9 of them.
Say they're 2" squares. Arrange them in three rows of three so that altogether you have a 6" square. Then get 6 good pictures. Resize them each to 6." Cut one of the photos into 2" squares and adhere onto one side of the blocks. Repeat with the other pictures. Now you have a puzzle that can be solved in six ways!!

Evelyn