Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, September 13, 2010

i-rocked Mickey!

I wanted to make a shirt to wear in Disney.  So I took a white shirt and added some purple i-rock crystals and came up with this!
I made a pattern on my Gypsy. I used the Mickey head from Mickey Font Sillouette Function 3.12 inches high.  I put this on Layer 1.
   On Layer 2, I made 0.25 inch circles from George as my cut outs for the crystals.  I put the circles around the Mickey Head.  I used the x and y coordinates to line up the circles.

I also used a square from George to cut out the design.



I pulled out purple (my favorite color) crystals out and put one in each hole.  I taped the template on my shirt.
I typically don't read instructions and started thinking at this point that I might need to put something between the layers of the shirt.  So, I took 2 pieces of cardstock and carefully slid them between the shirt layers.  Yeah, I knocked about half of the crystals off!!

I used my Jolee's Jewel heat setter to adhere the crystals on the shirt.
Here is the final shirt again.  This was so easy once I got the template the right size!  I can't wait to do another shirt!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Adorable Lori!!! I love it! Thanks for the idea! Now I just need an i-rock!

Love That Bug said...

Lori,
You did a great job.
Thanks for sharing
Stacy

Lisa said...

That is so cute. WOW, it's so nice how you can personalize things. Great job.

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, you definitely rocked Mickey; but, you rock on every project you do!!!

I love this shirt!!! Great job!

It's Craftini Time! said...

That is a great idea! I never would have thought to do it like that! I will have to try and make a template like that, I just bought the iRock.

TFS

It's Craftini Time!