Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, March 28, 2011

Live, Laugh, Love Keepsake

This past weekend's theme at Michaels was Live, Laugh, Love.  I made this page for a shadow box that I used with our in-store Make-It-Take-It project.  I found the background paper on clearance at Michael's.  If you have a busy background paper, you can cut a solid circle a bit bigger than the words to mask some of the busy background!

I have three separate layers on my Gypsy.  On Layer 1, I used the rings from the Wedding cartridge sized at 5.13w x 4.41h.  I centered the rings on my mat.  I found some ugly red floral paper on clearance at Michaels that was 2-sided (I always check the back) and the back was a shiny gold!!!  I bought lots of it!  It worked perfectly for the gold rings.

On Layer 2, I put the words Live, Laugh, Love and three hearts on my mat.  I centered a circle on the mat just larger than the rings.  I used the circle to line up my letters, then deleted the circle.  The letters are from Storybook and are .73w x 1.93h.  The hearts are from Plantin' Schoolbook and are 1.34w x 1.15h.  I used the rotate button to rotate the letters and hearts.

On Layer 3, I put the names and date in the center of the circle.  The number of letters determines the best size of the letters.  For my letters and numbers, I sized them at .58w x .65h.

I cut out the pieces and saved the negative paper pieces to use as a template.

I ran the letters through the Xyron and glued them down to the paper.
Here is the completed page ready to go into a 12 x 12 frame.  This would  make a great wedding or anniversary keepsake!!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

So pretty Lori! Great idea!

Did you buy that lottery ticket yet???? lol

scrappinC said...

What a great idea. I will have to give that a try. Love the colors.
TFS!
Cindy Lou

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beautiful! Great keepsake.

Audrey Frelx said...

Great idea, Lori! And your keepsake project is beautiful1