If you are looking for the Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge post, go HERE.
Forty very talented crafty people have come together for a two day hop (Friday, January 6th and Saturday, January 7th) to showcase handmade banners that will be donated to the children at Pediatric Specialty Care. The hope of these banners is that they bring smiles to these children's faces and awareness of Pediatric Specialty Care to all those that hop along.
It is my pleasure to participate in the LOVE BUGS BANNER HOP, where fantastic and generous crafters donated their talents, time and holiday banners to the children at Pediatric Specialty Care in Bucks County, PA. (See http://www.pediatricspecialty.com/)
The “Love Bugs Banner for Kids” Hop has some awesome sponsors and prizes to give away to all those that hop along and leave comments. The more blogs you visit and leave comments at, the more chances you have of winning. That means if you hop through all 20 blogs each day and leave a comment on each blog then you are in the drawing 40 times!
Our Generous Sponsors are:
Jellypark Digital Stamps will award 2 free digi-images to one winner.
K Andrews Designs has donated a stamp set to one winner.
Robyn's Fetish will donate FIVE digital images of the winner's choice as a prize!
Below is the entire line up in case you get lost along the way!
- Ellen ♥ CardMonkey - http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/
- Sandie Dunne - http://sandieshores.blogspot.com/
- Lori Apgar - http://scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com/ ***HERE
- The Scrapbooking Queen~ www.thescrapbookingqueen.com/ ***NEXT
- Linda Simpson - http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com/
- Beckie Woodall - http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
- Lisa Lam- http://craftylam.blogspot.com/
- Jenny (Crazy About Cricut) - http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/
- Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Carol - http://cardstockscissorsandglue.blogspot.com/
- Edwina - http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
- Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
- Janet S - http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
- Denise - http://vintageheartfeltdesigns.blogspot.com/
- Jamie http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/
- Teresa - http://scrappintplace.blogspot.com/
- Alina - http://neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Dena - http://missdjones.blogspot.com/
- Martha- http://pattisscrapingtime.blogspot.com/
- Erica http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com
For my project today, I made 2 different banners.
The first one is made out of bugs.
I used this bug shape from Simply Charmed sized at 5 inches for my banner. I needed 7 bugs total so I put 4 on Layer 1. I cut this page out twice in black cardstock.
On Layer 2, I put the layer sized at 5 inches. I cut out the top four bug layers out of red Valentine's Day paper and the bottom three out of green paper.
On Layer 3, I put seven hearts from the bug layer (at 5 inches) on the top and cut them out of black patterned paper. I put the letters LOVE BUG from Art Philosophy sized to 1 inch and cut them out of gold cardstock.
I assembled and adhered the layers. To jazz up my bugs, I used gold, red and black Stickles.
I punched holes with my Crop-A-Dile and strung gold glittery ribbon through the bugs.
Here is my Love Bug Banner all put together.
I wanted to send an extra banner and also try out a different style.
I used scalloped hearts for my banner flags.
I found this doily heart from Sweethearts and sized them to 4.41 inches. I cut them out of red cardstock.
I found the frog, cat and dog from Sweethearts. I cut them (and the layers) out at 2.61 inches. I cut out the Love (also from Sweethearts) at 1.82 inches.
Again I added Stickles to my banner pieces.
I tied the hearts together with some twine.
I tied a long loop of twine to each end for easy hanging.
Thank you so much for stopping by our hop today!
Your next stop is The Scrapbooking Queen!