Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, January 2, 2012

Portfolio (Altered Paper Bags)


Happy 2012!!!  Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a project to help keep me organized in 2012! My friend and fellow instructor at Michaels, Carol, made one of these to keep track of her class sheets and information.  Carol is amazing and rocks the Tim Holtz classes.  Her portfolio was super distressed.  I wanted something a little more artsy for mine.
I layered three paper bags (back and forth) similar to making a mini paper bag album.  I used my ATG gun to adhere the pages together.  The Target bag (with a handle) is bigger than the other two, so I used that one for the cover.  I put the HyVee bag (also with a handle) next so the handle is on the opposite side.  The center bag had no handle, but if it did I could have cut it off.

Here is a side view of the bags glued together.

The front of the bag has two pockets glued back to back.

I used scrapbook paper that I found at Michaels last year.  I loved the doodling look!  I trimmed the paper to fit the width.  I then cut the paper just below the center and adhered it to the front and back cover leaving a gap.

I adhered purple ribbon around the cover hiding the gap.

I used a 3 inch strip of denim to bind my portfolio.  I ran it through my Xyron to make it stick evenly.

I tied some crinkle ribbon and some metal hearts to the front.

I don't own any copics, but I borrowed a purple marker from my son and colored in a few words and a heart on the cover.

Here is the inside.  An 8 1/2 x 11 page fits inside the pocket.

I left the center open to add future photos, words of inspiration, doodles or whatever I find to inspire me!

One more pocket in the back!

The back.

I hope your 2012 is healthy and happy and a bit more organized than 2011!

6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow Lori, this project is awesome. I love that you can use it for organizing papers and still hold whatever you need it to. Great tutorial and I love the papers you chose. Thanks for sharing with us today at She's A Sassy Lady.

Cricut Couple said...

Ok Now Lori... You just have to stop being so clever! I don't have time to try all this cool stuff. Hee! Hee! Has anyone told you that you are a genius? If not... It's official!

Audrey Frelx said...

Happy New Year, my sweet Lori!!! Hope you and your wonderful family enjoyed a great holiday celebration!

Like I said over at Sheila's, this turned out great!!! I love this bag project and I think it was so clever of you to leave the handles on!

Hugs, sweetie!

Pink Cricut said...

How fun is that!!! Loving those handles!

Lisa Norris said...

I love this...those handles are so fun! I need to find some of those bags. Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Totally Twisted Cards said...

Love it and all the papers you chose. Thanks for the tutorial. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from the Pink Cricut Linky Party! I'm a new follower.

stacy at Totally Twisted Cards
http://www.totallytwistedcards.com/content