Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mimi and Papa Coupon Book

This week at Sweet Sassy Diva's BLOG we are celebrating All About Grandparents in honor of Grandparent's Day Sunday September 9th.

I used one of the free Cricut Digital Images that was loaded on my Gypsy when I updated in August.  The Digi is called Mother's Day Coupon Book.  There is a similar cut on the Mother's Day 2010 Cartridge that would work too.


I sized the coupon book cover to 3 inches.  I wanted to add Mimi and Papa to the cover and used Doodletype for the font.  I sized the letters to 0.69 inches.

I opened Layer 2 and placed 6 coupon pages on my mat sized to 3 inches.

I opened Layer 3 and kept Layer 2 visible.  I used Doodletype to place my words in the center of each coupon.  The letters are sized at 0.61 inches.
After trying both of my gel pen holders and failing, I used a mini Crayola marker with a pencil gripper to draw on my paper.


Bottom right coupon did not print very well, so I left it out of the book.  Had I not just spent a half an hour trying the other pens, I probably would have had the patience to re-do that coupon.
Who am I kidding....Tanner would not help "bake" the cookies, he would "eat" them anyway!!

I cut the cover out of patterned cardstock.  I cut the title out of dark blue cardstock.  I kept the template from my title and ran the letters through my 1" Xyron.

I used the template to line up my letters.

Perfect titles every time!!

I scored the cover and assembled the coupons inside.

I used a dark blue ribbon to bind the coupon book.  Here you can see the inside pages.


Tanner will love giving this book to his Mimi and Papa for Grandparent's Day!

What do you do to celebrate Grandparent's Day?



4 comments:

Norma Gomez said...

Hi Lori! I love the fun shape of your card and the colors you chose. I'm so happy to be hopping with you!!

Brenda said...

OMGosh Lori, I am loving this project! What a fabulous idea to do for the grandparents for grandparents day.

Jenn (Triple J Designs) said...

What a great project!!
So happy to be hopping with you and can't wait for the next one :)

~Jenn J~
scraphappensembellishit.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori... NICE!!!