Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Place Layout

This week at Frosted Designs, our challenge is "Happiness Is....." and I have to admit this stumped me!!  I finally settled with my original idea of a layout of our recent trip to Mexico to celebrate 20 years of marriage.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of things to be happy about, but I feel like I am in a bit of a creative rut!
I made this coordinating page because I HAVE to scrap in 2 page sets!!!


 My inspiration for the first page came from a layout on Pinterest:
Instead of stitching, I layered my Creative Memories paper on top of a brown piece of cardstock.   Instead of strips of paper or washi tape, I used some flourishes to mimic the design on the paper.  I added a second photo and cut out my letters with my cricut.


I used Lovely Floral for "Happy" and sized the letters to 1.27 inches.  The "{}" are also from Lovely Floral sized to 2.41 inches.  I hid the inside cuts.  I cut them out of mossy green cardstock.

I used Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art for "place" and sized the letters to .76 inches.  I cut them out of dark brown cardstock.

The flourishes came from Picturesque and Home Accents.



I cut apart the swirls to create a background behind the photos. 


It is hard to see my journaling in this photo - I used a brown marker to match the paper.

I pop-dotted the photos on my layout.

Every time I look at the photo of the beach I sigh and just want to go back!!!

For the second page, I started out with a new Layer in my Gypsy. 
I put some bamboo trees on my Gypsy mat from Life is a Beach and sized them to 4.06, 5.00 and 5.47 inches.  I cut them out in a dark mossy green cardstock.

I inked the bamboo, letters and flourishes with Vintage Paper and a Fantastyx before I removed them from my cricut mat.
We had a blast snorkeling at Xel-Ha.  This is a salt water river that feeds into the ocean.  We got to snorkel, cliff dive, zip line and swim.  It was a fun day trip!


Our trip was amazing!!!  I hope I don't have to wait another 20 years to go back!!



2 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Love your layouts and how you embellished them with paper on your gypsy and cricut instead of lots of expensive embellishments.. this is more personal too! What a great place to make you happy! Kathi

Barb Craft said...

Another beautiful layout! I love that you do coordinating pages! I really need to do more of that!

barb :)