Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, January 4, 2013

Snow Day (Recipe Challenge at FD)

It is winter and Tanner had his very first Snow Day!!  He is in 1st Grade and we did not have any snow days last year.  Unfortunately, his snow day was the last day before winter break and also the day of the winter party at school.  I don't think he minded too much!!

This week, our challenge at Frosted Designs is a Recipe Challenge.  You need to use 4 of the following on your project:
Brads
Rub-ons
Transparency
Eyelets
Mist/Mask
Punches 
Stamping
Stickers

I used a transparency as a photo mat and also used a snowflake punch to make transparency snowflakes.  I used brads to attach the snowflakes.  I used blue mist on my white snow swirl border.

I started out with my title from Nursery Rhymes sized to 1.82 inches.

The mittens and snow swirl come from Holiday Cakes.  The mittens are 2.50 inches and the swirl border is 3.24 inches.

I had a piece of 12x12 transparency with some hearts on the corners.  I wanted to cut it out using my cricut, but cricut had other ideas....he must have been hungry since he pretty much chewed it up!!!

I tried using my deep cut blade and multi-cut 3 times, but I think the design was too intricate.


I tried next in white cardstock....

This is white cardstock from Michaels and it works great for the Imagine, but not so much for the Expression.

Third time is a charm!!  I used cardstock from Walmart (which is a bit thicker than the white cardstock from Michaels).  You can't see it here, but my blade dragged through the letters (UGHH).  I put Cricut in a time out once I finished my cuts today!!!

I used Perfect Pearls blue mist to add a little sparkle and color.

Since the paper curls a bit, I wanted a blue border to go underneath the white one.  I also decided on the same blue for my title and photo mats.

I cut out the mittens in yellow to match Tanner's coat.  This gave me a journaling spot.

Cricut must have like the colored cardstock because he cut them out perfectly!

I used my throw-away paper as a template for my title.  I can easily center and size my title on the 
Gypsy, but getting it on my page is not as easy for me - until I realized I have a built in template!!!

I run my letters through my Xyron and stick them in the openings.  Then gently pull the template off.

Here you can see the acetate snowflake and the layer between the photo and blue mat.  It is nearly impossible to see the blue sparkle on my white snow swirl in a photo :(

I journaled on the mittens.  I inked them with Tim Holtz Distress Marker.  I also inked the edges of the blue paper and trimmed it to allow a yellow border.

The twine is Doodle Twine boy assortment - I found this at Archivers.

Here is one of the snowflakes.  I also tied the twine under the title.

I recently learned how to upload my cricut cartridge booklets to my Kindle Fire (Christmas gift from my husband) and was actually looking through them!!!  I found this swirl and thought about how many other great cuts I have that I don't even know I have.

I spend this time of year catching up Tanner and Tyler's scrapbook albums.  You will see a lot of fall and winter layouts from me!!

Don't forget to join in the challenge at Frosted Designs - we have great prizes weekly!!!

2 comments:

Karon said...

What a wonderful LO - love the flourish! Have a great weekend.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I just love your faithfulness in scrapping, always with such beautiful pages like this! TFS