Happy New Year!!!
Normally, my January Sassy post features my hand made Thank You cards. This year I thought it would be more fun to share my goals for 2013 instead.
My Crafty Goals for 2013 are:
1. Find the rest of my mojo!!! It broke with my wrist and I have gotten some back. I need to seek out challenges, blog hops and classes to rejuvenate!!
2. Finish Tyler's High School Album before his Graduation Party!!!
3. Reinvent my scrapbook style - I am feeling a little stale and very cricut dependent!
4. Seek out DT opportunities that match my talents and goals.
5. Conquer my fear of creating videos and learn how to edit!!
My Personal Goals for 2013 are:
1. Clean and organize my closets.
2. Clean and organize my scrap nook.
3. Worry less.
4. Smile more.
5. Stay healthy.
I did not get to clean out my closets, storage room and scrap room last summer because I broke my wrist. I got a jump start the few days before Christmas and shredded 3 boxes of old paperwork - which felt GREAT! I cleaned out the storage room - so I need to KEEP it clean!!!
And Finally, I have a New Year's Eve Party Hat to share with you!!
Isn't this a fun hat!! I found the inspiration for this (and the photo at the top of my post) on Pinterest!
I used this party cone from the DC Comics Batman cartridge. I sized it to 8.06 inches and rotated it -30 to fit on the 12 x 12 mat.
I used this number paper from Michaels because it reminded me of the countdown to the ball dropping!
I was going to use crinkle ribbon around the edges of the hat, but found this fun gold trim at Michaels and thought it was even better!!
I used Glue Dots to adhere the trim to the top and bottom of my hat. I kind of gathered it as I glued it down to give a little bit of flair (as opposed to just wrapping it tight around the bottom of the hat).
I found the clock parts on Close to My Heart Artiste and sized them to 3 inches.
I cut them out in cream cardstock, black glitter cardstock and gold cardstock.
I cut out the clock shape in black glitter as well as cream. I offset the cream on top of the black to give a partial shadow. I stuck a gold gem at the bottom of the hands. I pop-dotted the clock onto the hat.
Here is my party hat!!
I hope you have a wonderful 2013!!!