Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Saturday, December 29, 2012

Michele's Craft Room ~ 1st Blogaversary Hop

Hello and welcome to Michele's first blog hop in honor of her 1st year of blogging!  You should have arrived from Elizabeth. If you found me first, please head to Michele's BLOG to start at the beginning!

Michele says:
I have participated in tons of hops and have seen so many cute ideas and new techniques so I decided to create one of my own! I consider it my diary. It's fun to look back at the projects I created a year ago and know now what I could have done differently to make it awesome! If you don't have a blog, now is a great time to start one! It's super easy and a great way to share your talent with friends, family and www friends you make along the way! Best of all...it's free!

I have an amazing "present" up for grabs ~ all you have to do is visit each of the blogs below, become a follower and leave a comment. A winner will be chosen on Wednesday 1/2/13!


Here is a complete blog list in case you get lost along the way!
Ellen ~ CardMonkey: http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com/***NEXT



Now on to my project!!
I made a sweet little card with my Cricut Imagine.
I found the image I wanted to use on Imagine More Cards.  I sized the heart to 3 inches and put two of them on my mat.  I opened a 5:7 ratio square on my mat and filled it with the purple dotted paper.  It was also sized to 3 inches.

I printed and cut them out.

I intended on printing out a 5x7 rectangle, but soon realized the smaller rectangle would work just fine.

I cut a piece of white cardstock to 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches and folded it in half to make my card base.

I inked the edges of the hearts and rectangle with purple StazOn ink.  I adhered one heart to the purple paper.  I wrapped some pink twine around the purple paper overlapping the heart a bit and adhered the purple paper to the card front.

I added a button with a bow.  Here is a simple card that shows how I feel about blogging - LOVE!

Thanks for stopping by!!  Please hop over to my dear friend Ellen next!


32 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the card!!

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card,I am a follower,scrappinggg.blogspot.com/.come by and visit...

Ellen Jarvis said...

Hi dear sweet Lori!! Your card is adorable ... and I love how much you explain about the process in making it. I don't have an Imagine and sure won't get one now that Cricut is abandoning it. But I DO have a Silhouette Cameo and a print and cut feature, and for Christmas hubby got me a sweeeeeet new wide-format printer. My goal for 2013 is to learn to use the equipment I have, and to recreate my craft room to make it more organized and more appealing to visit. It's a MESS!!!!!

Your other goals for 2013 mirror my own. I do love crafting, hopping and blogging with you, so I look forward to continuing our friendship in the year ahead.

May the year ahead bring you many crafty adventures. Happy New Year!

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
e-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

Miranda said...

What a beautiful card! I've been a long time follower of your awesome blog! Thanks for sharing your creations with us!!!
Miranda :)
www.nanasscrapspot.com

Unknown said...

i love your card...and your detailed explanation. Thanks for sharing!

marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

Michele said...

Lovely card! thanks for sharing!

Buffy Burnside said...

what a lovely card...Love the colors and the way you explained how you made it!

Camille Short said...

Beautiful creation!

ibecircled.blogspot.com said...

Love this and Sometimes I wish I had an Imagine. Have so enjoyed this hop and so much talent!!! TFS!!

and Happy new Year to you and yours!!

ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
Rexann♥

Tambo said...

Lori, this is a beautiful card! Your goals are awesome. I should do the same. I had wrist/hand surgery a week ago and it has been difficult to do anything especially clean my craft room LOL OK maybe that s/b my 1st goal. I don't have an imagine cricut,but a mini and a cake one. I o need to use it more, since my hubby bought me a gypsy he wants to see something made with it, ok 2nd goal. I need to do more hops this year too. A good motivation for getting something done LOL I am already a follower. I love seeing your projects. Happy New Year and I hope you at least meet %50 of your goals. tfs Tami
Tambos Creations!

Rosalee said...

Very cute card, love the sweet touch of the twine. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Rosalee

Unknown said...

Great card. Love the button and twine. And I read through your goals for 2013 - very inspirational for me.

Melissa
scraplady202@gmail.com

Migdalia said...

Very BEAUTIFUL!!
Happy New Year!
Migdalia
craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

marg0006 said...

Great layering and love the muted colors.

marg0006 at verizon dot net

Prettiful Creations said...

What a great card...love it!!!
kgprevost(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
kathyskraftsandmore.blogspot.com

morentin1326 said...

awesome ... just love it... thanks for the giveaway... I am a follower... morentin1326@aol.com adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Very pretty card!!
Angela
chewiescrappin@hotmail.com
http://angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

Your card is precious, sums up how I feel about blogging and crafting as well.
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Happy New year

Nancy said...

What a lovely card! I am an email subscriber. Thanks for the giveaway!

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Unknown said...

Lori, I don't think that you could ever lose your mojo!! Your stuff is awesome. So glad to be part of another hop with you. enjoy following your blog and watching you create!

Robin
http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

Ms Qadirah said...

Very, very nice. Have a wonderful New Year.
Qadirah
http://modpodgestickyfingers.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

such a sweet card!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card, makes me want to use my imagine again. i kind of abandoned it when i got my cameo. filming and editing videos is fun. although im not the best its fun to be able to share what i have learned. you never know when you might teach someone something new.

DandyDo said...

Very sweet card!

Jessica Buffa said...

Lori, this is a fun V-Day card. Way to use that Imagine. Darling job.
:O)
Jessica B.

Miriam said...

What nice, soft colors. Very pretty.

Gail said...

Lori -very nice heart card and it is getting close to Valentines Day! Thanks for sharing! Congratulations to Michelle's first year blogging!Thanks for being on the blog hop too! It would be a blessing to win the prize - I am a follower - Happy New Year! Gail Come visit me - I have Blog Candy
http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

Teresa said...

What a very cute card...and would be super for Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

Wow Lori love your work its amazing and thanks for being a great source of inspiration you have given me some ideas for the future thanks for sharing keep up the good work band good luck with the DT hunt for the future

Claire Spielman said...

Hey, I read through your goals and now I feel totally worked up to set some new ones for 2013...GOOD LUCK. Sweet card and I also can sum it up into one word, but mine is OBSESSED.Now following...please stop by and say hi..
Creative Wishes,
Claire S
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

CraftyRia said...

What a cute card! Happy New year.

Tina Campbell said...

Lori that is a really cute card. I was reading your goals and if your looking to be a designer, were always looking for some at Card A Day Blog
http://cardadayblog.blogspot.com/ take a look around and let us know if you maybe interested.
Tina