Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, December 3, 2012

Music Soothes the Soul Canvas

Hello and Happy December!!!  I am so happy to the Designer today at She's A Sassy Lady!!

Today I have a great gift idea to share.  I started out with a canvas, some paint, paper and vinyl and here is what I created.

I painted a 10x10 canvas with purple acrylic paint.  

I tore and inked some music scrapbook paper I bought at Hobby Lobby.  I used Glossy Accents to adhere the paper to the canvas. 

Here is a close up of the inking.  I used Vintage Photo ink.

I opened my Gypsy and put a 10x10 square on my page.  I opened a second layer and sized this phrase to 10.00 width x 6.27 Height to fit my canvas.

I cut out the phrase in black vinyl.

When cutting vinyl, I set my Cricut to 3-3-3 (Speed, Pressure and Blade Depth) for a kiss cut.

I used my dental tool to weed out the extra vinyl pieces.

I used transfer tape to lift the vinyl off the paper backing.  I used my cricut scraper tool to burnish the vinyl onto the transfer tape.

I burnished the vinyl onto the canvas and carefully peeled off the transfer tape.

I sponged on a little purple stickles for some added sparkle!

This is going to make a nice gift for a friend :)

Thanks for stopping by today!!


3 comments:

Karon said...

Beautiful Lori - what a fabulous gift idea. Will have to get my act in gear next year and really try to get organised more. Christmas just seems to have crept up on me this year:-) Have a great week.

Paula said...

What a lovely gift! The recipient is going to just love it. I really like the torn music paper you added at the top and bottom. Great project!

Deanne Gutierrez said...

This is a great gift idea ~ I love creating with canvas myself!