Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Saturday, December 8, 2012

Ornament with Vellum

If you are looking for Emily's Surprise Birthday Blog Hop, please go HERE!

I love making ornaments!!  I was having a serious block trying to use vellum in a layout or card.  Vellum is such a challenge for me.  I don't have many punches and vellum doesn't cut well on my cricut.  I tried embossing some vellum, and it did not turn out the way I wanted.  I also tried inking it with Tim Holtz ink and water, and the bird I cut out curled something fierce and did not look the right colors for the card I had in mind.

So, I went outside my box.  I grabbed some stamps from Close To My Heart that came with my Artiste cricut cartridge and stamped my vellum.

I trimmed the vellum to fit inside a glass ornament.  I used black StazOn ink and heat set it with my heat gun.


I topped it off with some 3 Girl Jam ribbon.  It looks great on my tree!!

I am entering the following challenges:

Quick Quotes - use vellum on your project
3 Girl Jam - Christmas Inspiration

Thanks for stopping over today!!  I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!!

12 comments:

3 Girl JAM said...

This is fantastic Lori! I love how clean and simple, yet beautiful, it is. Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM!

Julie
http://3girljam.blogspot.com/
http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Lori Comeau said...

Cute ornament. My sister in law did something similar using photos from a concert my niece and her friend went to. She printed small pictures of them and put them back to back and hung from the top, cut up the concert ticket as snow and added some glitter. She made one for each of them for Christmas. I know they are going to love it.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

Cheri said...

This is so creative. Vellum is a challenge to tackle and you did a great job with it. Thanks so much for liking it up to the Christmas Inspiration challenge at 3 Girl JAM.

Cheri - 3 Girl JAM DT
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Karon said...

Lori, this is such a neat idea - so many options with this. Fabulous. TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Barb Craft said...

I LOVE this Lori!!! What a creative idea! And I love the way it overlapped the picture and the words when you rolled it up and put the vellum in the ornament. It makes for a clean, elegant ornament... I think I need to make some now! :) Thank you for taking on the vellum challenge at Quick Quotes!!

barb :)

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

This is such a fabulous idea!! I love how you overlapped the vellum too. So glad you joined us in our latest challenge at Quick Quotes.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Fun ornament! Love the look of the vellum! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

jessica said...

This looks awesome Lori!!! I love the look of the vellum and of course the beautiful ribbon :)
Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with our Christmas Inspiration Challenge over at the 3 Girl Jam Challenge Blog!!
Jessica
3GJ DT

papillon digital design said...

wow what a great idea. I have a vellum stack somewhere and have to break it out. This is so cool. TFS

Jessica Buffa said...

What a cute idea for a handmade ornament. That red ribbon looks so wonderful. I have been on a "vellum kick" lately and this is a new idea...thanks! Thanks so much for linking up to our Christmas Challenge at 3 Girl JAM. Wishing you a Happy New Year!
:O)
Jessica B.
3GJ DT Member

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Lori, this is just uber clever!!! What a fantastic use of vellum! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Quick Quotes this month!

Gloria said...

Terrific idea!! Very pretty ornament!! Please check out this post.
http://www.omascrafts.com/2012/12/christmas-inspiration-winners.html

Precious Hugs
OmaGloria
3 Girl JAM DT Member