Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, December 28, 2012

Top 12 Posts of 2012

Here are my top 12 Posts of 2012 and my Goals for 2013!!!


January's top Post is:
I used a Christmas Card to create a Hidden Journal spot.  I took some photos of us playing with technology on Christmas Eve with family.  My teen was teaching his aunt how to play words with friends on facebook while I was messaging her friend as they played!  You can see how I made this layout HERE.

February's top Post is:
My uncle passed away in January and I took on the task of creating a photo board for the memorial.  I found a gem of a photo of my grandparents when they were young.  I only knew them as old prim and proper (and sometimes grouchy) people and was so pleased to find this photo!  They met at a diner where she worked.  I got to thinking about what would have happened if they had never met.....

You can see how I made this layout HERE.

March's top Post:

March was tough to pick - there were a couple of great layouts and a card that I loved, but this one was the most memorable to me.  While I was creating this one on my Gypsy I found out my welding was cutting wonky.  I was able to weld and cut kindergarten with the R welded, but not with TANNE welded.  I have since updated my G which helped a little.  I learned how to get around this glitch (I can only cut the welded images on a separate Layer of my Gypsy).  So it stands out to prove you CAN teach old scrappers new tricks!!  

This is Tanner's kindergarten photo (obviously) but I really did not like the picture.  We were out of town for retakes, so I printed it off in black and white and went with it.  I love the gears and paper!!  The post is HERE.

April's top post:

I used my Chomas gel pen holder to write my sentiment (I do not have many stamps as I am mainly a scrapbooker).  I love the teen tiny flowers!!!  You can see how I made them HERE.

May's top Post:
This was my favorite layout from May because it has so much energy!  Tanner played soccer for the first time and learned quickly!  He had a lot of fun!

You can see how I made this as well as the coordinating page HERE.

Not really a highlight of 2012, but this impacted my creating!!!
I broke my right wrist (yes I am right handed) on the last day of School - May 23rd.  I spent 4 weeks in a cast and 8 weeks in rehab.  I am happy to say I am back at about 98%!!  I had to learn to work around it!

June's top Post:

I saw a wreath on Pinterest that inspired me to create this!  You can see how I made this one handed HERE!

July's top Post:
My middle son was a Junior last year and was the back up catcher on the Varsity Baseball Team.  They got to play three games at Werner Park - the home of the Omaha Stormchasers (formerly the Omaha Royals).  The stadium is about 15 minutes from our home and 5 from the high school.

Tyler was in the bull pen out in center field warming up pitchers most of the game.  He was called in to pinch hit and had to sprint to the dug out from center field in between plays.  I was not expecting him to play at all - I don't know who was more nervous me or him!!!  I was surprised I was able to hold the camera steady to get these photos!!! ***This game and photos took place before I broke my wrist - thank goodness!!

I used my Gypsy to create the double arrow behind WERNER.  You can see how I made this HERE.

August's top Post:

I found this School count down ticker on Pinterest.  I had to make one for my son's teacher!!!  The  one on Pinterest was a count down to how many days until school started - well, I knew my youngest was NOT excited to go to school, so instead I created mine as a count up to the 100th day of school.   Many teachers do something special for the 100th day.  I made an extra one to give a teacher friend of mine and she has one of her kids turn the number each day as a reward for good behavior :)

You can see the measurements and how I made this HERE.

September's top Post:

I could not pick between my two boys....so they both get to be my favorite for September!!!  Tanner's First Day of 1st Grade is HERE:
We walk to school and I love taking a picture of him walking in front of me!

Tyler's First Last Day of High School is HERE:

I can't believe his senior year is half over!!!  So much planning to do for senior night, graduation and his graduation party!!!!

October's top Post:
I love Halloween and had so much fun making this card!!!

You can see how I made it HERE.

November's top Post:
Mike and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary in Mexico.  It was beautiful!!!  

You can see how I made my shell border HERE.

December's top Post:

Finally a layout with my oldest son in it - well his hand at least!!  My boys are 22, 17 and 7.  When the baby was 2 weeks old, we tried to take a photo of their hands stacked.  Tanner kept making a fist so I had him grip Tyler's pinky.

You can see how I made this layout HERE.

Here is a photo of the canvas I made with the original photo.

With each pregnancy, I hoped for a girl.  Instead I was blessed with 3 dirty, stinky boys and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

I hope you had a great 2012.  I had a rough year, but still had a lot of great moments!!!  I am hoping for an AWESOME 2013!!

My crafty goals for 2013 are:

1. Find the rest of my mojo!!!  It broke with my wrist and I have gotten some back.  I need to seek out challenges, blog hops and classes to rejuvenate!!
2. Finish Tyler's High School Album before his Graduation Party!!!
3. Reinvent my scrapbook style - I am feeling a little stale and very cricut dependent!
4. Seek out DT opportunities that match my talents and goals.
5. Conquer my fear of creating videos and learn how to edit!!

My top posts of 2011 can be found HERE.

Finally - I want to thank you for your comments - they inspire me and have really helped me get through the months when my wrist prevented me from scrapbooking as fast and fancy as I wanted!  I am blessed to have so many followers and subscribers and over 90,000 page views on my blog!!!


4 comments:

Buffy Burnside said...

I think you style is wonderful....but what do I know I'm pretty new at all this stuff..lol I'm also glad your wrist is better and I hope you react each and every goal you've set for yourself and have fun along the way! Wishing you a wonderful New Year!

Created by Kathi said...

Lori.. I love you style as it is.. I love the layout of you and your hubby in Mexico... and the brothers hands past and present were adorable!
good luck finding what inspires you and I hope if you figure out videos and editing you would share :) Kathi

Debbie Bakk said...

What a great post this is- to look back over the past year and see all the creativy that you have done with all your projects...and I like your style and your great ideas with the Cricut you are a master at that. Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year and to you in achieving all your goals for the new year ahead of you.

Karon said...

Lori this is such a fabulous post. Love each of the project and ouch to the broken wrist! I absolutely adore the hands photos. Have a great weekend and look forward to the New Year 2013 creations. Hugs, Karon.