Welcome to The Original Disney Pixar Blog Hop!!! I am so honored to be a part of this hop!!
Here is the complete lineup for both Days:
Day One - January 19th
Amy Voltz http://www.lovetocrop.com/
Day Two - January 20th
Amy Chomas http://amychomas.
ContainYa Crafts will be donating a Scrap'n Easel for a prize!
Here is what inspired my project today:
I saw a Back to School Countdown on Pinterest and I made one that counts UP to the 100th day of school. I did include enough numbers for the entire school year. You can see how I made this HERE.
We are planning a Walt Disney World trip in the fall. Our youngest is 7 and will soon be too big for all the kiddie magic of Disney. We want to go one more time while he is still young, especially now that Toon Town is completely refurbished.
For the record - we are a HUGE Disney Family and will return to Disney again....we just want to take advantage of other vacation opportunities. Tanner has been to Disney World 5 times plus a Disney Cruise last year - he is very lucky!!
I sized both of these count down projects to 5" x 5". It took me a while to figure out the best size to use with my Bind-It-All. I knew that when I made my note pads, the pads are 3" across the top and my BIA fit 6 wires - so I made my number cards half that size (1 1/2") to fit 3 wires across.
Once I had the measurements of my number cards (1 1/2 x 2 1/2) I could figure out how big to make the Mickey Heads.
I used the Mickey Heads from Disney/Mickey Font Cartridge and sized them to 1 inch.
I used the numbers from Disney/Mickey Font Cartridge and sized them to .5 inch.
I put a 5x5 square on the next layer to use as a guide for my "Countdown to Disney" title. I sized the letters to .5 inch.
I centered the letters in my space to provide me a template (more on this later).
I used black and red cardstock to cut out my numbers, letters and Mickey Heads.
I grabbed this Mickey paper from my Disney Stash and cut two 5x5 squares to cover both sides of the 5x5 chipboard I cut as my base.
I cut a rectangle of red cardstock to 1 3/4 x 5 inches. I laid my template on top of the red rectangle. I ran my letters through my 1" Xyron and stuck them inside the template.
I gently peeled up the template and my words are perfectly placed on my project!
This is one of my favorite skills I learned from my Gypsy!!! If I have to put words on a page without a template, they are NEVER straight!!
I ran the numbers and Mickey Heads through my Xyron and adhered the numbers onto the Mickey Heads.
I added a little black border with my EK Success punch on the advice of my good friend Jenny. Very happy with it (I rarely use the few punches I have)!!
I punched the entire 12" top of the paper and then trimmed it. I cut it to fit both the top and bottom sides of the mat. I adhered it onto the back of the mat.
Before I adhered the mat to the base, I wrapped yellow twine around it.
I included these photos to show where I lined up the base in my BIA.
I need 9 holes, so the middle set of 3 holes were punched twice.
For the number cards, I lined up the left side of the paper with the center arrow.
I cut 9 rings and attached the number cards.
I am totally guessing here, but we try to go to Disney in late September or early October when parent teacher conferences are. This way we will minimize the number of days we take Tanner out of school.
I used an inexpensive plate easel to hold my project and still allow the cards to be flipped over every day.
This was a fun project to make!!!
Thanks for joining me today!! Your next stop in the hop is the Marvelous MADISON!