Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, November 24, 2014

12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop Day 1

Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop Day 1. This hop will take place  November 24th through December 5th and the new postings each day will be posted by 8am eastern standard time. This hop will be full of wonderful ideas and inspiration to get you well on your way  of creating all of those beautiful Christmas project. This is an awesome way to get a lot of your Christmas cards, and scrapbook layouts  finished, home decorations completed and maybe even be inspired to  create something using a new technique that you have never tried.  There will be a new project posted each and every day by all the wonderful  amazing ladies in this hop. Also each day we will have a guest designer  or two for you to visit.

This is one of my favorite bog hops to participate in every year as it motivates me to create for the holidays!!  The sponsors are on Lisa's BLOG - be sure to visit and comment every day and you just might get a prize!!!

My project for today is:
I made a glass ornament with Tanner's photo on the back and his handwriting on the front.
I traced the flat ornament on the picture of Tanner and cut it out.  I punched the hole to match the hole in the ornament.  I used Beacon Fast Finish Decoupage adhesive to adhere the photo to the back of the glass. 
Once it dried, I trimmed around the edges as needed.

Tanner is learning cursive in school FINALLY!  He has been begging me since kindergarten to learn cursive.  He started writing his name in cursive on his papers, so I took a picture of his handwriting and traced it with my cameo software.

I used the offset feature to thicken up the letters a bit and cut them out with white vinyl. 
I used clear contact paper to transfer "Tanner" to the front of the ornament. 
Tanner was amazed when he saw this!! 
Every year I make a few ornaments that are special - a vacation memento or something significant that happened.  This is my favorite one so far for 2014!!

Your next stop is the Amazing ASHLEY!

2. Scrappin Madge ~ www.thescrappinlounge.com

29 comments:

Lori Comeau said...

Love the personalized ornaments. I purchased one last year for my granddaughters first Christmas and bought another ornament for this year. I should have thought to make one. I will have to do that next year. BL

Golden Goddess Designs said...

I can see why this is your favorite ornament this year, it is awesome!

Charlotte C said...

Love it. Ornament-making seems to be real big this year, all kinds. Tanner's so cute. I wish I had the time to hop, but I'll just jump around here and there.

Beth F. said...

What a GREAT idea! I love how you even used his handwriting. The perfect touch.

Beth
Beth's Beauties

Sarah Biswabic said...

I love your ornament! Your little boy is so cute and has wonderful handwriting! :)

C'est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC said...

I’m excited to be in this hop with all of you talented ladies! Kudos on your project. Very nice ideas! I am going to check out that glue. I am making ornaments with pictures on the with the girl scouts and was wondering which glue is best! TFS!

La-Vie B.
Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

Pamela Lash said...

You always make such wonderful personalized items - TFS!

Christine Kiehl said...

What a cool age themed keepsake you crafted to share on day one! Very clever! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

12 days blog hop has given me some great inspiration, thanks for being a part of it.

An'Jenic G. said...

Great ornament. I love that you use Tanner handwriting.

lindaplus3 said...

what a treasure... Great idea and it came out beautiful... love it :)

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Wonderful ornament, glad to hear that a school in the US is still teaching cursive, many states have dropped it.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

mamawcindy said...

I Love making my own Ornaments. And yours is so Sweet. I Love how you added his name in his hand writing. A Keepsake for sure. Thanks for Sharing

Unknown said...

Thanks for more great ideas on making ornaments.

Unknown said...

I am in love with this. Making it personal is so important for our kids. Wonderful.

Iris said...

Clever idea and cute ornament.
I follow you with Bloglovin.
isoscia at aol dot com

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

Truly special ornament to make. Especially a wonderful gift to give grandparents! Nicely done!

Shanna Shands said...

Wonderful ornament. I think this would be a great gift idea to give to our families that are distant. Thanks for some inspiration.

Shanna BL

Liz Mullen said...

very cute ornament, I love that you actually got his writing on it. that is going to be so precious as time goes by. Love the idea :) (BL)

Cely said...

such a great gift idea! love it!

jean said...

cool way to do a picture!!!

csped2 said...

What a great way to record each year.

Miranda said...

Adorable!!!!
Miranda :) BL

BlueCrayons said...

very nice. love how you put his writing on there

Unknown said...

love how personal this is!

Beth said...

What a wonderful ornament, he will treasure this in years to come.

~Beth
Follow me @ The Crafty Scrap Yard

Unknown said...

What a great idea for a keepsake, I love it!

Ashley said...

Love the ornament!

~Ashley W
proudusmcwife@gmail.com
http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Great keepsake ornament. Thanks for joining us this month at SBC. Merry Christmas. Cindy-DT