Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Gypsy Challenge Hop & Skip


Pam at the Gyspy Chat forum at the cricut MB issued a challenge this week to kern two sets of images, one twice as much as the other. I tried several times to post a photo on the MB but was unsuccessful. Pam had a great visual of a shape (scalloped circle) with words cut out of the middle of the circle. She was not using the letters, but the negative image (what was left of the circle if you will).

I was having trouble with this as I wanted to use letters. I also wanted to make something I could use on a layout from my in box! Some of the letters had inside pieces that would be lost or would need to be glued down - YUCK! So, I thought of a different approach and wanted to share my visual. I was hoping it would inspire some others who, like me, were having a little trouble coming up with a design.

So here is my sample. This is not my project ~ I am still working on that in my head!! I welded my letters to the square. The word LOVE is kerned to 0.1 and the word YOU is kerned to 0.2. If I used this image, I could put a photo of a loved one on the square.

I hope this helps!

2 comments:

papillon digital design said...

Brilliant idea. Yes this is fantastic as this way will show the kerning too. You go girl!

Audrey Frelx said...

Well done, Lori!!! I'm sure many will appreciate this!