Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Wednesday, April 28, 2010

In Remission LO

I am slowly but surely working on my very own scrapbook all about ME for the first time since I started scrapbooking 13 years ago. Why do we do so much for others and not for ourselves? That would be a whole separate blog post LOL!!

I found these photos of my mom taken in 1987 when she was in remission from lymphoma. Her cancer came back in December of 1988 and she passed away in March of 1989. She was given a bit more time with us and mom and dad took advantage by taking several trips.




This layout is loosely based off of the LID challenge from the week of April 23rd. I did not finish it in time to submit it. I did not add many details as I really did not want to take away from the photos. This is not how my mom normally looked. Here she has on a wig and she looks so fragile ~ but her smile brings her whole body to life! I used this paper from a K&co pad because she loved butterflies. I used my new cartridge Nursery Rhyme for the font.




The second layout is also from the LID challenge. This is a photo of my parents on a cruise after mom's hair grew back and she gained some weight back (she looks less fragile here). They both look so happy here ~ I just love her smile!!




I used Home Decor for the hearts and swirls. One of the recent Gypsy challenges was to mirror and weld images. I put one heart on the mat, copied it and flipped it so it would mirror the first one. I grouped them together and copied another set of hearts and flipped them. I welded them all together to make this embellishment. The swirls were done in a similar way. The swirl is also from Home Decor. I copied and flipped a swirl. I then grouped the two together and copied again. This time I rotated the second set of swirls to 90.00 and welded the corners together.

I cut out a circle from the same paper and used the reverse side with the butterflies. I inked the edge of the circle in black chalk, added a little ribbon and a flower to match the other page.

I just realized that I have lived half of my life without her. She was a very crafty lady and I am glad that the apple did not fall far from the tree!! Happy Mother's Day (a little early) Mom!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Lori,
I LOVE it. You are right, we always do things for others but hardly ever for ourselves.
It is so nice to do mini books/layouts for ourselves. I find that the pictures that I find, go through, or use bring back so many memories. Some make me laugh, others bring me to tears, and I enjoy every moment of it.
Please keep it going and showing us your progress.
Can't wait to see more.
~~So sorry to hear about mom's passing~~but so glad to see you have great pics and memories of her.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Both are beautiful layouts. I'm sure they were difficult to finally do, but your family will appreciate getting to see them. I hope you consider journaling about how much you love her smile and her craftiness, so that your children will get to know her better. Great job!

Melissa said...

Lori - your layouts are beautiful. I am sorry to hear about your mother but am glad you are able to scrap her pictures so you and your family can treasure her memory!

Unknown said...

I will add the journal, but wanted to keep that private. I also wrote a letter to my mom that I plan on including in a different LO.

Thanks for your kind words about my mom. I never wanted anyone to feel sorry for me and almost did not post these, but they were so pretty!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, congratulations on your designer spot on Bug Bytes, you are one talented and busy lady!!!

Can't wait to see what you guys will be doing!!! Have fun, my friend!