Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Thursday, September 15, 2011

Altered Coaster (Frosted Designs Punch Challenge)

If you are looking for the All About Fall Blog Hop, go HERE!

This week at Frosted Designs, our challenge is to use a punch in our project.  Well, I don't have very many punches (I prefer using my cricut) but I have wanted to try this technique for a while.  I figured this would be a good time.

I cut the top and bottom off of a pop can (with a paring knife) and then cut up the side.  I flattened it out with an iron.  It didn't flatten out all the way, but when I punched out the flowers you can see they are mostly flat.  **Caution, the aluminum is very sharp so please be careful! 
I put three colors of alcohol ink on my dabber, dark purple, purple and gold, and dabbed the flowers.

You can see how the colors blend a little.  I went back and added more colors after the first coat dried.  It dries pretty quick!

Here are the flowers all inked up.

I took a coaster and traced it on the scrapbook paper, cut it out and adhered it to the coaster.  I positioned the paper to get the part of the design I wanted on the coaster.

I used gold ink on the edges.

I found this "love" from Home Decor and cut it out at 1" in a metallic black cardstock.

I added some shear ribbon and some clear gems and this is what I came up with!!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Cute project! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Angela
http://angelascrafty.blogspot.com

Cricut Couple said...

So Very Cool! Love it!!!

Unknown said...

Totally love it - thanks for hopping with me...gotta love altered stuff!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi there, my sweet Lori!!! I just love this cute little coaster project!!!

I've been intending to play around with some cans myself,and what an inspiration to pursue doing that you given me with this cutie!

Thanks for sharing, sister-friend!