Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Day of Thanks Card ~ Sweet Sassy Diva



Hi ~ Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway.  Today is my day at SweetSassyDiva's and I made a simple Autumn card.  I say simple, but I am not a card maker and I tend to make them harder than they seem!!! 
I uncovered my Imagine and took out my Enjoy the Seasons cartridge.  In order to prevent waste, I try to print and cut several pieces at once.  I used the haunted houses for another project.  I put the pumpkins and gourd in my que as one image.  I then broke a second image into layers (the same size as the first image) and printed and cut them both out.
Here is the paper after I printed and cut.
I used the stamp "a day of Thanks" from Close to My Heart sentiments stamps.  I practiced on the layer piece of the banner first.
I used pop dots to layer the small pumpkin and gourd onto the base.   I used 2 pop dots together on the left side of the gourd to even out the layer.
Here they are all layered up!
I cut out a 4x8 piece of brown kraft cardstock for my card base.  I trimmed some green paper from my scrap stash to 3.75x3.75 and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage ink.  I tied a bit of brown twine on the right side.
I took the remaining pumpkin and adhered it to the bottom corner of the card.
I trimmed it and inked it a bit.

I added a little bow with green twine to the stem of the gourd.  I hope you have a wonderful Autumn!!

2 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great card. I love how you carried it on to the inside of the card. TFS

Angela said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration, seems like Fall is coming whether we like it or not!
Hugs,
Angela
http://angelascrafty.blogspot.com