Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, September 27, 2013

Look Mom....No Teeth




This week at Frosted Designs, our challenge is Creativity with Texture.  In other words - Get Messy!!!

We were challenged to use everyday things to help add texture to our projects.


I cut this background image from the Silhouette online store out of scrap paper and used it as a mask for my background.  I used Dylusions ink Cherry Pie.  This was my first time using Dylusions ink and I was very impressed!!!  The color is very vibrant!!!



Here is what my paper looked after I took the template off.  I trimmed the edges a bit and mounted it to a piece of 12x12 black cardstock.


Here you can see the background.



I used the Dylusions ink on some circles I punched from an old paperback book.  I folded them in half and used thesm as banner flags.

I also spritzed a piece of cardstock with a grid design on it.  This allowed more of the white to show through.  I inked the edges with black ink.

I added some color with a black cardstock thick stripe and a blue circle.  This grounded my photo and added some depth.


I used the most perfect chipboard piece to point out Tanner's smile!!

I used a font from my computer to cut out my title - Look mom no teeth!


This layout was a little challenging for me as I typically pull colors from my photo.  I really did not have any colors to pull here so I went with what I had the most of!  The more I look at this layout, the more I like it!!

Be sure to head over to Frosted Designs to link up your Creativity with Texture project!!




5 comments:

Charlotte C said...

What a cute layout. Your son's adorable. Okay, a brand-new Sil Cameo is sitting in it's box and I'm hoping to get it open on Sunday when I have time. You are so creative with that machine and I was jealous. lol.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great layout Lori! I love it! Thank for sharing.

Barb Craft said...

This photo is too cute!! It makes me smile every time I look at it! I love the way you created the banners from the old book!

barb :)

Golden Goddess Designs said...

great job!

Audrey Frelx said...

Great page, Lori! Your son is a cutie; reminds me of when my son was small and lost his tooth -- not at all embarrassed like my "ole-fogy" self would be now... lol!!! Not only do I need every tooth I have left, I'm ugly enough I just don't need to lose more... lol!!!