Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, November 1, 2013

True {Pooh} Love


Happy November!!!  I hope you are not too full of candy from Halloween!!!!

Today at Let's Scrap, our challenge is to create a layout with:

Stamping
Misting
Embossing
Texture Paste
Brown and cream colors plus one additional color

To say this was challenging is an understatement!!!  I don't stamp much and have never used texture paste.  I have to say this was fun, even though it took me five times longer to create than my typical layout!!


I followed this sketch and adapted the card sketch into a one page layout.



I used a metalic Modeling Cream that I found at Hobby Lobby with a small brass stencil.


After the Modeling Cream dried, I use my Dylusions Cherry Pie to spritz some color on my paper.


For my embossing piece, I used this Sizzix chevron folder that I purchased from Stampin' Up.  The strip of paper was too long for the embossing folder.  It was going behind my photo, so I cut it in half and embossed the two halves.  I taped the strip back together and adhered it to my page.


I added some flowers and washi tape.


My title was cut from my Cameo.  I cut it out in brown vinyl and transferred it next to my photo.  Pooh has always been my very favorite Disney character!  We went to Walt Disney World last month!


I stamped some faux stitching on my layout at the top and bottom.



I love trying new things and since joining Let's Scrap, I have created several layouts and tried a few new techniques!!  I hope you come check it out!


3 comments:

Golden Goddess Designs said...

very nice techniques!

Karon said...

Wonderful LO and love the keys! TFS

Charlotte C said...

Great job, wonderful layout. A tip I got from a Tim Holtz video, when you need to emboss a long strip, is to cut a small slot in the fold of the embossing folder so you can slide your CS through it. That was a while ago and now I think some companies are making embossing folders with a slit in them. I am very behind in my scrapbooking so I'll be visiting your site almost hourly! lol.