Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Thursday, August 16, 2012

Author's Party LO

At the end of Kindergarten, Tanner's teacher Mrs. Stock hosted an Author's Party.  At first, I thought they were bringing in a famous author to the school....then I learned that the "famous" authors were the children!!!  We were invited to hear our children read their story they worked on for about 3 weeks as well as Guided Reading books from the classroom.

It was so awesome listening to Tanner read his stories!!

I used San Serif for the title and sized the letters to 1.47 inches.

I used Recess for the book.  I sized it to 2.53 inches and hid the word Math.

I added my cardstock scraps to the mat and cut them out.

I used the negative piece as a template for my letters.  This spaces them out perfectly!

Here is my title.  It is a little plain, so I added a twine border.

I loved Tanner's teacher!!!  

I added a little twine on the background paper too.

On the book, I wrote my journaling and pop-dotted it to the bottom of the page.

What a fun layout for a fun day!!

2 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What an awesome page this is and that young authors thing is so so cool. We got to see that about two or three years ago when our grandson was a part of young Loftiss program and the children get so proud of their stories and they do such a good job it's it's really exciting. I can't get over how excited Tanner looks in this photo holding onto his story. That is just a cool cool pages. Thanks for sharing this awesome page with us.

Audrey Frelx said...

What a pleasant surprise it must have been to realize your children were "famous authors"... lol! How cute!!!

I agree with Sehila that your page is awesome -- as usual!

Hugs, sister-friend!