Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, August 10, 2012

L with Fabric (Frosted Designs)

I have a wooden "L" that I bought at Michaels about 6 years ago.  It was past time to update (see picture below) and this week our challenge at Frosted Designs is to use fabric in your project.

I originally covered the "L" with scrapbook paper and painted the sides green.  I scraped off the paper and started over.

I found this butterfly canvas scrapbook "paper" at Michaels in the open stock scrapbook paper section.  I love butterflies and loved how subtle the colors were on this canvas.

I painted the sides of the "L" orange.  When the paint dried, I traced the "L" on the back of my canvas.

I used my Glossy Accents to adhere the canvas to my letter.

j
I used Stickles to enhance the colors on the butterflies and catepillars.

It is so hard to capture the sparkle in a photo!!

I took some denim and tied a knot and dangled some metal charms on my letter.

Instead of hiding the outdated "L" on a shelf, it now sits on a shelf right above my laptop in my craft room!

Be sure to join us this week at Frosted Designs with your fabric project this week!!

4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori this is BEAUTIFUL. What a great idea to liven that letter up and make it a focus in your room. Love it. TFS

Migdalia said...

Saw it on FB,,,,its BEAUTIFUL!!!Absolutely Gorgeous!!
Migdalia

Barb Craft said...

Lori... this is beautiful!!! I love the way you added a little sparkle and the charms are such a great embellishment for the denim fabric!!! LOVE it!!

barb :)

tellana said...

Oh I'm jealous - I could use such gorgeous L in my craft room :)
Hugs,
Liva ❤