Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, June 7, 2013

Pinterest Inspired Blog Hop - Framed Banner


Welcome to the Pinterest inspired Blog Hop!!

If you are looking for my Things With Wings Frosted Designs project, please go HERE.



You should have arrive from LISSA.  If you found me first, please go to the BEGINNING so you don't miss any projects!!

Pinterest is all the rage for inspiration - I love being able to save my ideas for later.  I can even share them on my phone when I am away from my computer!  Today we were challenged to create any project that inspired us from Pinterest.



I pinned this project about a year ago - I just loved it!!!

I am making mine as a gift, so I did not include photos (but totally would if I were keeping it) and I changed the colors.

I purchased a picture at a thrift shop (yes - I was poppin' tags) and discarded the print and glass as the print was stuck to the glass.  Originally I wanted to use the print for a different project.

I painted the frame white and then sanded some of the paint off for a shabby chic look.

Then, I grabbed my gypsy and got to work:


I used these pennants from Pretty Pennants.  The triangle banner flags are sized to 3.5 inches.  The rectangle banner flags are sized to 3.15 inches.

I cut these out on a piece of 2-sided K and Company paper.


The butterflies are from Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art and are my very favorite cricut butterfly!!  I sized them at 1 inch and 1.47 inches.

The flowers are from Mother's Day Bouquet and are sized to 1.24 and 1.35 inches.

Live, Laugh, Love is from Home Accent and sized to 1.78.  These words come as a set, so the actual words are under an inch each.

I used purple and pink cardstock to cut out the pieces.


I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch for the small butterflies.

I added pearls, gems and paper flowers from Michaels (Recollections) to add to the flags.  The mini clothes pins are also from Michaels in the wedding aisle.  They are glittered.





I wanted something different for the top of the frame, so I grabbed my gypsy once again...


These rolled 3D flowers are from CTMH Artiste and I sized them to 5 inches.

I used my tweezers to roll them up and liquid glue to adhere them.  I put three of them on the top of the frame, and the fourth on a banner flag.


I layered a green flower under each flower.


Here is a close up of the sanding.


Here is my Pinterest inspired project - hope you like it!!

Thank you for stopping by!!!  Your next stop is JESSIE.  

In case you get lost along the way, here is the entire line up:

  1.  Deborah ~ Http://www.scrappingmamma.net 


No comments: