Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Tuesday, May 11, 2010

15 Border ~ Gyspy Challenge


This week's challenge on the Gypsy Chit Chat forum of the Cricut MB is Mix Em Up. You use 4 carts, 4 welds and at least of of the images is a shape.

I designed this border for my son who just turned 15 and is learning to drive. I welded letters, numbers and shapes from Designer's Calendar, Base Camp, Lyrical Letters, Cuttin' Up, Locker Talk, Street Sign, Doodletype, Going Places and Just Because Cards.

I wanted my border to be 2" x 12", so I put the images on a 12 x 24 mat on my gypsy. I started on the second inch in from the left edge and went to 13 inches from the left edge. I put my 3" x 12" paper on my 12 x 24 mat to cut. I learned this technique from Alicia Garcia's BLOG.

I used this blue paper to test cut my design. I will use red or dark blue on a layout (I am behind in his scrapbook since becoming a "girlie" designer lately ~ LOL)! I put the title on a piece of red paper so it would be easier to see.




A while ago I made a mesh of the number 15 and the word "fifteen" that was 9" x 12". I have not yet cut it out, but I think I like this border much better!!

6 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, what a cool project for your son! I really wish I could use my Gypsy like you use yours. I am really going to have to make time to come visit you guys on the mb so I can get more proficient with my gypsy. That's a great project!!!

And, yes, I'm really excited about the showcases too -- you're doing great!!!

TraciVee said...

What a great border! I've got to try that out...

Thanks for sharing!

Jodie R said...

Wow! what a cool border! My son just turned 15 and it looks like he is on the same (driving) path your son is on! I love this border!

Leanne said...

I love this border!! I have a son that is sixteen and need to create something like this for him!!

Jean said...

I really like this and thanks for the tip of using the 12x24 matt to get a true 12inch border. I always do mine on the 12x12 and they are just a tad bit short, so I will have to remember this next time I am making one.

Lolliscraps said...

That is so cool! I need to try this!