Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summer Love.....Baseball!!

My good friend Sassy is having a contest to win Lovestruck. She is asking for a project about summer love. This is my 12th year as a competitive Baseball Mom. My boys are technically the competitive ones ~ and I will just leave that thought alone!!

One of my daycare boys (who has an older brother who plays high school baseball) was wearing a shirt the other day that inspired this project.




I got my gypsy out and went straight to the Baseball Solutions Cartridge. While the kids were playing in the backyard, I played around with the sizing of home plate and the baseball bats. I used the shadows of the baseball bats. First I put one bat right in the center of home plate straight up and down. I duplicated the bat (to keep it the same size)and put it on the right side of home plate. I made the outside bat next. I used the rotate button to get the angle of the bat on one side and then duplicated the bat and flipped it sideways to get a mirror image. I repeated this for the middle bats. I only used 5 bats since mine are thicker than the bats on the t-shirt.





I added the baseballs. Instead of "Grand Slammers" I used "Titans" since it fit better and is the name of my son's team. I used Don Juan for the font.

I originally wanted to use different colors of bats, but the only feature of the baseball cart I don't like is the image ~ not the shadow or base but the image on top. This looks ok when you cut out a baseball player, but the bat only looks good if you want a wooden bat look.

If you don't have a baseball player, you probably don't understand how important the color of your bat is!! I did not want to use wooden bats ~ no one uses wooden bats at this age unless you sign up for a wooden bat tournament or fall league.







Well as you can see by this photo ~ the colored bats just don't do it for me. I kept the silver metallic bat and made four more.

Now, as usual, I get these great ideas and then can't decide what to do with them!!! This is why I have tons of files on my gypsy waiting to be cut LOL!! I decided to put this on a box, so I used the Crayon Box from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More. I sized the box to fit the image, then cut it out.



So, here is my Summer Love project...hope you love it too!!

5 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is WONDERFUL!!! I JUST LOVE SUMMER! Great instructions! Thank you for entering our Summer Challenge at http://shesasassylady.blogspot.com/2010/05/i-love-love-love-summer-challenge-enter.html where you might win a free cartridge!

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, this is GREAT!!! And, baseball definitely says summer loud and clear!

217 Creations said...

Very cool!!!! What a great design!!!

Deanna Mulder said...

Great design. Love what you did.

Amy C said...

Awesome project!! I love how the shirt inspired you....isn't it wonderful that we can find inspiration anywhere?? Thanks for sharing!!