Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Contributor Showcase Project

I am one of the Team Fairies for Audrey Frelix's BLOG Weekly Contributor Showcases. The showcase is a great place to show off your projects, to receive positive feedback and to potentially win a blog design award. We are providing a larger audience to view your work, as well as view your blog. The showcase starting May 3rd will be an open theme like the previous showcases.

Starting May 10th, the Team Fairies will be selecting a theme and posting a sample for the showcase each week. You can enter a card, layout, altered item, fabric, etching, vinyl or any other project within the theme. I was thrilled with my debut week because it my birthday week!!

So, in honor of my birthday I am selecting my two favorite colors and addding a flower as my theme: Green, Purple & A Flower. You can have either green or purple, or both colors included in your color scheme.





Since I am debuting a week early (to give you plenty of time to create) I made a simple Mother's Day Card with a paper flower on the front. I am making something similar for my daycare moms with my kids this year. I love these flowers because the kids can crumple them up by themselves. I am making their flowers into pins so Mom can wear it if she chooses.




From my Cricut cartridges, I used Plantin Schoolbook for all of the flower layers and cut them out of cardstock and decorative two-sided paper. I cut the card from A Child's Year, and the words from Mother's Day 2010. I inked the edges of the flower and the card with a Chestnut Bean fluid chalk inkpad.



So remember, this week's Showcase can be ANY project. For the May 10th week's showcase, please include the colors green and or purple as well as a flower. This project can be a card, layout, altered item, vinyl, fabric, painting, magnetic or any other project. We want see your work and show it off to others!!!

4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori this is a beautiful project! Please stop by my blog I have a little something for you! http://shesasassylady.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, this is so adorable! I can't wait to feature it on my blog this week!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hey, Lori. I've got something for you on my blog -- come on over and grab it when you can!

flowerdisco said...

Lori, this is a very nice project to start the newly and improved showcases and I couldn't describe it better than you.
HBB!
xoxo