Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby Album

I have been busy making a baby scrapbook for my friend and her baby Izzy. This is a new way for me to scrapbook because I am making the book for her first year ahead of time. I usually pick my paper to coordinate what is in the picture ~ clothing colors, background, etc. I bought a baby girl pad of papers at Michaels along with some solid pink, orange and green papers.

I made all of my photo mats 6 1/4 x 4 1/4 so all mom has to do is stick down the photo. I positioned some of them horizintal and some vertical. I also put a pocket for a tag on each page so mom can journal on it. I put in a 2 page layout for Grandparents, cousins and Firsts.

I used the font from Nursery Rhymes ~ my new favorite font!!

I am showing a couple of pages here!



I made pockets for the tags. Mom can put a small photo on one side and journal on the back. I included a list of suggestions to use (first tooth, roll over, crawl, haircut, etc.) and I have extra tags for her just in case.













This was a fun project but it really stretched my brain!

7 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Lori, this is adorable!

You never believe this, but I visit with terminally ill children every month at LaRabida here, and this week I took pictures of them to trade with each other. Well, wouldn't you know they asked "ME" to do them a scrapbook!!! I've never done one before and now I'm on pins and needles because I don't know where to start and I just can't disappoint them. Needless to say, I'm really looking at everyone's layouts very closely now -- LOL!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Audrey ~ you will do great!!

There are some great sketches out there ~ Becky Higgins has several books/magazines with her sketches. I find myself falling back on sketches when I am at a loss for an idea.

Stuck on U Sketches (SOUS) and Lay It Down (LID) both have weekly sketch challenges. You can find info on both of these at the cricut layouts forum.

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, you are too cute and too funny!!! Of course, as soon as I read your response on my blog and finished laughing I high-tailed it over here to see what you had to say! LOL!!

Thanks for the info, you're always a great help!

Love ya!

Barb Craft said...

Awww... what a sweet little book!! I agree with you, doing the book before the photos can be pretty difficult... but you did a lovely job with this one!!
Barb :)

Erin Morehouse said...

that's a big project! Pat yourself on the back for completing it, I'm sure your friend will treasure it!

D said...

What a lovely gift! You did a wonderful job!!! Great job picking out such beautiful pattern paper. Thanks for sharing it with us at Practical Scrappers :)

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Such a great gift and it looks amazing! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!