Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

Today is my day to show a "Few of My Favorite Things" at Susana's Blog.  I am excited to Guest Design today!  We recently went to Florida and stopped at Ron Jon Surf Shop before heading to Cocoa Beach.  I snapped a couple of pictures of my boys on the surfboard bench in the front of the store.

I also used this sketch from Frosted Designs for their Sketch Challenge.


I found these images from Life Is A Beach. 
I used the surf board border along the bottom of the page. I welded 3 of them together at 3.90w x .96h each.  I cut out the Hang Loose hand at 3.10w x 1.94h.  I cut out the Surf's up phrase twice at 3.02w x 2.76h, once in blue and once in yellow.


I trimmed off the yellow "surf's up" and adhered the surfboard to the blue layer.  My cuts were just floating on my layout, so I found a shape to layer under my photo mats.

This cut is from Art Philosophy.  I cut it out in orange cardstock.
I wanted to add some water to my surfboard border, so I used my new 3 Girl Jam crinkle ribbon in Baby Boy.
I added some Glossy Accents to my surfboard.  I also inked my Hang Loose hand with vintage ink.
Here is a close up of my Glossy Accents.
I added a little ribbon at the top, some staples, a pair of board shorts and a metal clip.  And here you have a Few of My Favorite Things.....my boys!!

Thank you so much Susanna for inviting me over today!!

8 comments:

Cricut Couple said...

Dude! This is SO cool! I love how you used the ribbon for the water element! The entire page is just fantastic!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, my sister-friend!!! Congrats on being a guest designer over at Susana's! Your layouts are always great, so I'm going to tell you as I always do what a great job you've done! Wonderful layout and pics of your favorite things!!!

Marina said...

Oh that's a cute what of using your die cuts! Thanks for playing with Frosted Designs!

Eli said...

Your page is stunning: so colorful and happy! Great job!
Eli (Frosted Designs)

missybossy65 said...

Lori this is delightful! Love the happiness your layout conveys :0) Ali (Frosted Designs) x

Debbie said...

Glad you could play along with us Lori!! Love your embellishments, especially the use of the ribbon for water!!

Gloria (Disneynut4life22) said...

Totally cool layout!!!

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Cute LO! I like the surfboard border. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Frosted Designs :)
Melissa