Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, January 24, 2014

Love A Good Book


Hi!!  I love to end my evening sitting in my favorite blue chair with my blanket and a good book (or my Kindle).  I treasure this time as the house is quiet.  I am a night owl and can not fall asleep easily before 11:30.

One of my daycare grandmas crocheted me a prayer blanket for Christmas.  Not only was the blanket special, but the note she wrote me brought tears to my eyes.  She is grateful that I take care of her twin grandchildren.  I was very touched and snapped a selfie on my cell phone to send her.

It was a little while later when I deiced to create a page with it!

When I saw the photo challenge at Let's Scrap, all I could see was lobster and I am NOT a seafood fan!! 


Once I got past the platter of lobster, I noticed the blue table cloth and the chair.

In addition to the photo:  You are free to use which ever LS sketch and what ever in this picture that inspires you. From the following list you are free to choose 3 items:
Bling, lace, ribbon/twine, flowers, cut outs, sewing, swirls,, something stamped, brads, journaling, five patterned papers, circles, stars or buttons.


 Here is the sketch I used:


I used the left side of this sketch.

My additional elements are:  Flowers, twine, cut outs and journaling.


The chair is cut out from my Cameo.  I used twine as my book mark.  I pop-dotted the chair to my layout.


I used some crocheted flowers to coordinate with the blanket.


I tucked the letter Margaret wrote me behind my paper.  I adhered the paper only on the sides and bottom.


I chose a book print paper for my background and cut my title from my Cameo.

This layout is special to me and I was excited to show it to Margaret!  This is very different than the first image I had of the photo for this challenge!!!

I hope you consider to step outside your norm and create a layout for this challenge, you can enter it HERE!!!


1 comment:

Golden Goddess Designs said...

very nice layout! i love the story!