Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, April 29, 2011

Stripes & Dots Challenge ~ Spring Fever

This week's Fabulous Friday Challenge at Frosted Designs is Stripes & Dots.  I had a hard time mixing stripes and dots.  I was planning on making the catepillar all stripes, and the grass dots, but cut my striped paper (a scrap) wrong (and ruined half of the circles) and a new plan was formed!!

I used my gypsy to to create this layout.  I found grass from WB 2 A Garden Of Words and sized it to 6" wide.  I cut four. 

I took some pieces of the catepillar's body and hid the letters.  I welded three body sections (3 letters each) together and then welded a head on top.  The head was a little small, so I sized a circle to 1.77w x 1.71h and welded it on top.  I sized nine circles to 1.32w x 1.27h to put on the body of the catepilar.

The grass was not long enough, so I glued it to the back of some green paper strips.


I glued on the circles every other one stripes then dots. 
I added some green stickles around the circles and red stickles for a mouth.  I added some gold gems for the eyes and antenaes.

I found these clouds from Create A Critter, the sun from CM Cheerful Seasons, and the flowers from WB2 A Garden of Words.  These flowers were cut from green paper for the stems.

I found the word Spring from Straight From the Nest and the letters for fever from Nursery Rhyme.  I copy and pasted the flowers and separated them into sections so I could cut several colors out at once.



I cut off the stems from the colored pieces and glued the flowers onto the green pieces. 
I took the clouds and inked the edges with light blue.  I flipped over a couple of clouds and used them to mask off the white part of the cloud and fill in the blue.

I saved the scrap/negative piece of my "fever" paper to use as a template.



This is one of my favorite parts of using my Gypsy!!

I added some photos of Tanner holding a snake he found at his brother's baseball game.

He was a bit sad that I would not let him bring the snake home....

Join the fun (and great prizes) at Frosted Designs with your own card, layout or project with Stripes & Dots!

5 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a wonderful layout. Love the little catapillar and the detail you put into this layout. TFS

all the days of our life said...

Beautiful!!! I love how you always show us how you did it. This is gorgeous. Love the grass and that caterpillar(?) is too cute.

J said...

I love the step by step tutorial!!!! The catefpillar is just adorable.

Cheryl O said...

What a cute layout and little boy!! Thank your for the tutorial as well......

Angela said...

another fabulous LO!!! gorgeous!