Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Putting Cricut Cartridge Booklets on your Kindle Fire


I asked for a Kindle Fire for Christmas when I learned that you can load your Cricut Cartridge Books on it.  I was thinking booklets = books....Kindle is for books...makes sense!!

If you have a lot of carts like me, you have found somewhere to store them.  Mine are all linked to my Gypsy so I rarely need to use the actual carts.  I have three of these bags full of my carts (alphabetized) under my desk.  Sometimes I want to look at the booklets though and that is a pain!!!

After I got my Kindle Fire I started some research and found out that the booklets are loaded as Documents, so any device that holds documents will also work (ipad, tablets, etc).
I have the regular Kindle Fire (not HD or the larger HD) and it fits great in my craft bag!!

Here is one page - you can see all of the cuts for each button.  I can also zoom in if I need to.

Here are my PDF files (booklets) in my carousel.  I can store them in my Docs file by removing them from my Carousel.  Touch the Document and hold and your options will be Add to Favorites, Remove from Carousel or Remove from Device.


I have gathered information from my crafty friends here to share with you.  Several of my Gypsy students saw my Kindle Fire with the booklets loaded on it and wanted to do the same.  I imagine many others would do as well if they knew how.



My first shout out goes to Shirley Okieladybug.  I met her on facebook and she is funny and very creative!!  She was one of the first crafters to create and share her Cricut Design Studio Files on the Cricut Message Board (via her blog).  My very favorite cards she has made are her Dirty Princess Cards.  If you search on her blog you will see what I mean!!

I first learned that we could download the carts to the Kindle Fire from her!!


She's A Sassy Lady is a good friend of mine - I design on her blog the first Monday of each month.  I met her years ago on the Cricut Message Board - Gypsy Forum.  We had some good times learning the Gypsy together!!

In addition to the Kindle Fire Video, she also has a video of how to download to an ipad in the Video Tab on her blog.

Here is a link to Sheila's Kindle Fire Video

Cricut.com no longer keeps the digital copies of the booklets in one place.  You have to go to "Shop" and look at each cartridge to find the booklet.



Jilliene from Jilliene Designs compiled a list of links to MANY of the cartridges on her blog HERE. I had to look up about 30 myself, but was so grateful that she had so many links!!!!


Crafty people are the most generous people I have ever met!  We create projects, just to give them away for a comment or smile.  I ask that if you use the information from any of these three blogs that you leave them a comment of thanks!!






1 comment:

Jilliene Designs said...

Hi there Lori! I love your blog!! I know what you are saying about your wrist. I cut my finger (amputated the pad off of my index finger) and I am still scrappy challenged. You need both hands to craft!! Thanks so much for grabbing my button and mentioning my site in your blog! You are a sweetie pie. xoxo
Jilliene Designs