Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Teacher Gift Card Holder

Today I am featured at The Buckle Boutique!!

I decorated this tin box to use as a gift card holder for Tanner's teacher.

I like to spoil his teachers at the beginning of the year, middle of the year (Christmas) and end of the year (Teacher Appreciation Day)!
I found an apple on the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge (Roly Poly function key) and used my Gypsy to size it to 2.05 x 2.18 to fit my tin.  

I used some red Dazzling Diamonds rhinestone sticker sheet.  It cuts in the Cricut Machine with a deep cut blade set at 6, speed 1 and sometimes it needs a multi cut.  The mat needs to be super sticky and to be sure I use packing tape to tape the edges of my sticker sheet down.  It cuts best face down so make sure you reverse your images before you cut them out! 
Here is the Cricut in action. 
You can see the cut.  This one was a single cut (no multi cut).

I just peeled the sticker sheet off the mat and popped out the apple. 
Very shiny!!  I love how you can cut through the diamonds as they are made out of a gel substance. 
I put the apple on the front of the tin window.  I used a black and white polka dot washi tape around the edge of the box. 
I used a scrap of black vinyl to cut Ms. Hunt's name and adhered it to the front.  This way she can re-use the box for some small trinkets or storage. 
I popped in the gift card and added a tulle ribbon.

You can find the red Dazzling Diamond Sticker Sheet HERE!

The Buckle Boutique's Link Listing
The Buckle Boutique's Website . . . click HERE
The Buckle Boutique Blog . . . . clickHERE
Facebook Page . . . click HERE
Twitter Page . . . click HERE
Pinterest Page . . . clickHERE





2 comments:

Charlotte C said...

I have to get a deep cut blade. When I see one, I forget why I want one so I don't buy it. Now I think I'll remember your apple. TFS.

Karon said...

This is fabulous! I love the rhinestones! TFS