Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Peace, Love & Shamrocks!!


Hello and Welcome to the Beautiful Burlap Blog Hop!!


Burlap is hot right now and gives a project texture.  For this hop, we were challenged to use Burlap in our project.  I sure hope we inspire you!

You should have arroved from Robin's BLOG.  If you found me first, you should hop on over to Jessi's BLOG so you don't miss anything!

In case you get lost along the way, here is the entire line up.



We do have some fun Burlap Blog Candy:

1 yard of red 2" burlap ribbon

1 yard of white 2" burlap ribbon
1 yard of mint green 1" 
1 yard of 1.5" jute ribbon in natural 
1 yard of your choice of colored 3/8" jute ribbon (see my etsy store)
And pick 2 colors of jute twine (see my etsy)

Please leave a comment on each blog to be entered in the giveaway!





Now on to my project:


I used a banner flag from Birthday Bash and sized it to 5.70 inches.  I put three on my mat.


I cut the banner flags out of watercolor paper so they would be sturdy enough to adhere the burlap to.


I use watercolor paper for banner flags and mini albums.  I find that it cuts well on my cricut.  If my blade is pretty new, I don't even change the settings.  If the blade is old, I multi cut it (2).


I used green glitter cardstock from Michaels.  When cutting with this paper, I flip my images and put the paper on my mat glitter side down.


The peace sign is from Cricut Stencil and is sized to 2.88 inches.

The heart is from Plantin Schoolbook and is sized to 2.76 inches.

The shamrock is from Paper Doll Dress Up and is sized to 3.12 inches.  I used Hide Contour to hide the inside cut at the stem of the shamrock.



Here are the shapes cut out.


Next I covered my banner flags with burlap.  When cutting burlap, it is easier to cut it after you pull out a strand.

I trimmed the burlap to fit my banner flag with some extra over the top.  This gave me a finished edge at the top.

I used my ATG gun to adhere the burlap to the watercolor paper.

Since I covered the holes, I grabbed my Crop-A-Dile.

I used green twine to string the banner together.

The final step was to tie green ribbons on the twine in between the flags.

I hope you enjoyed the banner!  What do you want to make out of burlap??

Your next stop on the hop is ZOE.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your burlap banner!!!

Robin
http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

Miranda said...

Awesome banner!
Miranda :)
www.nanasscrapspot.com

Cathie w said...

love this banner...great jo b


cathie
scraphappycat@gmail.com

Vicki said...

Love the banner. Thanks for the instructions. I want to try some burlap flowers.

Craftin Desert Divas said...

That burlap banner is adoable. Thanks for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.


Tara

Pink Dalmatians said...

great banner! Thanks for the informative tutorial. I have used watercolor paper as well with great success, thanks for the reminder. I had not heard about removing a strand, I'll have to give that a try!

morentin1326 said...

what an awesome creation... this is so cool... I love how it is so perfect for St. Patrick's Day... I am loving this hop, what a way to learn how to use burlap... thanks.
morentin1326{{at}}aol{{dot}}com
adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

Robin said...

Great banner!

Robin
www.scrapdiva2011@gmail.com

Lluvia Mata said...

this is a cute St. Patty's Day banner!

Miriam said...

That came out great! Thanks so much for going through the steps to show us how it was done!

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, love this burlap banner! It looks fantastic!!!