Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, March 15, 2013

Special Delivery Card (Up Up and Away Challenge)


This week at Frosted Designs, our next challenge is Up Up and Away begins.  For this theme you can use hot air balloons, planes, birds, clouds, etc.

Our challenges now run for two weeks to give crafters more time to create a project.  The linky is in the side bar on the right side of the Frosted Designs Blog.

I have a new baby coming to my daycare.  He was born a couple of weeks ago and I can't wait to meet him in person!!!  I wanted to make a card to go along with his baby gift.


I found this cute stork on 3 Birds on Parade and sized the pieces to 2.18 inches.

The sentiment also came from 3 Birds on Parade.  I sized "Special Delivery" to 1.12 inches.

The tag card came from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More and I sized it to 4.25 inches.


I used cardstock scraps to cut out the pieces.  I ended up changing the color of the stork body and wing to colors that looked better with the background paper.

I inked the pieces with dark blue and adhered them together.


Look at that tiny binkie!!!  So cute!!!

I trimmed a light blue piece of cardstock for a mat.  I inked the edges blue and tied on a bit of twine to match the beak. 

I added stickles to the wing, beak and blanket.



I love the layered sentiment.  The shadow piece is the same paper as the blanket.


I tore some white cardstock into clouds.  I inked the edges and added some crystal stickles.

What a sweet little card for a sweet little boy.  I can't wait to hold little Liam!!!

Don't forget you have plenty of time to link up your Up Up and Away project at Frosted Designs!


4 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Hi Lori, that is such a cute cardand that little binkie is darling! I'm sure the new parents will love it! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Barb Craft said...

What a sweet little card for someone special! He is lucky to have you to look after him each day!!

barb :)

Narelle Fasulo said...

What a cute card. I love how you have made the card a different shape. So gorgeous.
Cheers, Narelle

Audrey Frelx said...

Cute-cute-cute!