Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, March 29, 2013

Pool Party (Frosted Designs)



Our newest challenge at Frosted Designs is Scallops.  This is a 2 week challenge, so no pressure to speed through your project!  Please link up your Scallop project on the side bar of the Frosted Designs Blog!

I recently went to a weekend scrapbook retreat - my first WEEKEND retreat and it was a treat!!!  I got both of my boys' albums mostly caught up!!

This page is for Tanner's album and is a page of our Mexico trip we took last October.  We spent most of our afternoons in the pool - it was amazing!!

When I scrapbook, I start with my photos and build my layout around them (colors, papers, titles, layout) and I like to showcase as many photos as I can without looking like a photo album!!


I knew I wanted a big background piece, so I started with this scallop circle from CTMH Artiste sized to 11.12 inches.  This shape is on several cricut cartridges in case you don't have Artiste.

I planned on placing it off the page a bit and I wanted it to be pretty close to filling up the page.


For the titles, I used Splish Splash and Pool Party from the H2O cartridge.  

I sized Splish Splash to 3 inches and cut off the Splish.

I sized Pool Party to 3.47 inches.  I cut it out three times so I could create a layer for the drink.  We had lots of drinks (virgin drinks for the kids) and we all enjoyed swimming up to the pool bar!



I cut out the cup in silver and the lime in lime green.  I used lime green stickles to fill up my Margarita!  I had more pina coladas than margaritas, but I did not have the perfect color of yellow stickles!

I overlapped the photos with my title - it was more important to me for the words to stand out on the orange background than the drink!

I also journaled below the title.


I put the splash at the bottom.  

The reverse side of this blue paper is a bunch of strips of patterns.  I cut 3 inches off another piece and adhered it to the bottom of my blue paper.  I trimmed a strip of flip flops and ran it over the layout just below the pictures.


This was a fun layout to create.  I wasn't until my stickles was drying that I realized the layout met the Scallop Challenge (score)!!  I did not take as many photos this time for that same reason (bummer)!!

I hope you join us at Frosted Designs with a new scallop project of your own!!


4 comments:

BrendaB said...

Love your page, Lori! Those Cricut words are perfect - love the way you embellished the little drinks!

SandeeNC said...

Love the way you used the large scalloped circle to show case your pictures! Great focal point! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Anita Scroggins said...

Lori this is such a great layout! I have really got to remember to use my cricut more :)

Barb Craft said...

Another fabulous layout Lori! I love the scalloped circle and the strips of fun, colorful paper at the bottom!! It is the perfect layout for those fun photos!

barb :)