Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Thank You Window Card




Hello - I wanted to share with you a special thank you card that I made.

Tyler signed with Briar Cliff last week.  The admissions office sent us a card asking for a senior photo of Tyler to hang on their Incoming Freshman board so the staff can learn his face to his name.  I was very touched by this gesture.

I did not want to just send a photo, so I made a special Thank You card to go with it.



I started with this card shape from Wild Card sized to 5 inches.

I welded the base layer of a butterfly from Hannah Montana sized to 1.67 inches into the center of the opening.


I used a piece of patterned paper leftover from a travel album.


I put the butterfly layers on my mat also sized to 1.67 inches.  I added "Thanks" from Gypsy Wandering sized to 1.35 inches.



I cut them out of scraps of cardstock. 


I adhered the blue butterfly layer to the card.  I adhered just the center of the top butterfly layer and bent the wings a little.


I put the Thanks on the inside.



I love making window cards as they are pretty original!!


Here is Tyler signing.


Tyler is with his coaches, his future coach on the left and current coach on the right.  He earned a spot on the baseball team and we are very proud of him!!




2 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Lori, how exciting for your son... love the card! You have so many great senior pics to choose from for a head shot for them. Thanks for sharing his successes with us and go Briar Cliff baseball! Kathi

Lisa said...

Love it. Congrats to your son. That is amazing.