Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, February 4, 2013

Be Mine Card

Hello and Happy February!!!  

I am in Valentine mode as I am sure most of you are!  I am so excited to be at She's A Sassy Lady today!!

I bought my CTMH Artiste cartridge from Sheila and I LOVE it even more than the CTMH Art Philosophy cart!!  I was at a crop last weekend and saw some of the z-fold cards that are on this cart (from the CTMH vendor) and I was inspired instantly!!!!

I saw the cuts in the booklet and could not picture what they would make or look like (I am a visual person)!!

All of the function buttons on the "S" key are z-fold cards with different cut out shapes.  Naturally, I picked the heart to work with.  I sized two card bases to 5 inches.

NOTE - I created a file on my Gypsy with all of the cards and coordinating shapes so I would not have to hunt the next time I want to make one.   I labeled my file cards.artiste.

You can easily cut out the card base once and go with it, but I wanted to layer some paper on.  I cut one card out of red cardstock.  The other is a 2-sided paper from the Carta Bella Devoted Paper Kit paper.

It is super easy to fold the card in half and then fold the front half back.  There are score marks to guide you.


I trimmed off the front flap out of the Carta Bella paper.

 In order to create a red mat, I trimmed a tiny bit off of the sides.  I adhered it to the front of the card.

On Layer 2 of my Gypsy I placed the shapes I planned to use on the card.  I wanted one more card layer so I copied it onto this page as well.

I put "Be Mine" sized to 1 inch on my mat.

The hearts are sized from 3.20 to 3.47 inches.

I put white and black cardstock and another double sided paper from Carta Bella and cut them out.

I ended up using the back side of the cupid paper.  I inked the white heart with black and adhered the "Be Mine" sentiment.

Here you can see how the heart seems to move when you open the card.

Two patterned papers on one project is as many as I am comfortable with!!!  I left the heart red but added a Recollections white paper flower, red button and some twine.


What a fun card!  I can't wait to make the others!!!

Thank you Sheila for having me over today!!!



2 comments:

papillon digital design said...

Love the swing card. Great choice of pattern papers. TFS
Hugs
Pam

Charlotte C said...

I saw this (love it) over at Sheila's blog and commented that I too had just made a similar Artiste cut as a get well card. It's posted over on Facebook, Art Philosophy/Artiste group. I know I see you on FB, but not sure if you're in that group or another group. Can't get my groups straight sometimes (sometimes? lol).