Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, February 15, 2013

Beach Bum - Bold Color Challenge


Today at Frosted Designs, our challenge is to Be Bold!  You can be bold in your colors, title or subject matter.

I took these pictures from our Mexico trip and scrapped them in bright bold colors.  We had so much fun in Mexico and I hope to return before my passport expires!!!  This page is for Tyler's album so the title is singular even though all three boys are in one of the shots.


I grabbed my Gypsy and found this image from Paper Trimmings.  I sized it to 11 inches to use as a backdrop for my photos.

I cut out this layer in orange cardstock.


I cut out the shadow of the image (also at 11 inches) and cut it out in bright polka dotted paper from Hobby Lobby.


For the title, I wanted Beach Bum but not the board shorts.  I grabbed this image from Life is a Beach and sized it to 2.65 inches.  I cut it out of blue cardstock (the same cardstock I used to mat my photos).


I trimmed off the board shorts.


I needed a bright embellishment and used my Epiphany Crafts square punch and punched a tag from Quick Quotes.

I ended up using the square of the larger flower.  I adhered it to the square charm settings (also Epiphany Crafts) and put a bubble cap on top.

I tied a bit of blue twine to the top.
I added some blue stickles to the title.


I stuck a little tissue tape below the yellow ribbon for a little bit of fun!


Here are my beach bums - the older two are burying the youngest one in the sand.  Bliss indeed!

What is your favorite vacation spot?




4 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Love the LO Lori, and I've not used that cut as a border like that, awesome idea! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Her Essential Hand said...

oooh I love your little step by step there, what an awesome page. Favorite vacation spot would have to be anywhere near the beach!!
Great to be with you at FD :) XO

Created by Kathi said...

Love your layout Lori... it is bold but is sooo works! Thanks for sharing :) I love the beach... and I live 10 minutes from it.. so home is my best vaca spot right now :) Kathi

Christy said...

The colors are bold for sure, but that pattern is out of this world awesome! :)