Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Saturday, February 28, 2015

Chef Mickey Layout

Today begins a brand new Design Team Term at Let's Scrap Sketches!  I am excited to say I made the team again!!!

The best part about this Design Team is getting my photos scrapped!!!  I have created at least 2 layouts a month (some one pagers but most two pagers) and have kept on top of Tanner's scrapbook!  I love the sketches - you can take elements from them to create your layout, card, canvas or whatever you like.  You can flip, twist, turn it on its side, substitute other elements - whatever inspires you!!!

Our new challenge schedule is twice a month - the 1st and 15th of each month!  As usual, we have great prizes!!  Consider joining us and welcoming the new and returning DT Members!!
Here is the sketch.  I used most of the elements in the sketch this time.
I cut my title using my Silhouette Cameo.  I printed "today is magical" using my Silhouette Cameo. 
When I cut a title, I save the negative piece (the paper you throw away) and use it as a template to get my letters on the page straight.
I trimmed the saying and double matted it.  I added a little red Mickey Head from my Disney stash. 
I added a banner with some ribbon and washi tape along the bottom of  my "big" photo. 
I am almost done with the Disney layouts - I just have a couple more to do!!!

Thanks for joining me today - I hope I inspired you to scrap your memories!!

13 comments:

Lori Comeau said...

That's a fun layout. Congrats on being back on the design team.

Charlotte C said...

Colorful layout. I've got to get some pages done.

Barbara Greenberg said...

Such a fun Disney layout and pictures. i look forward to being on the Le'ts Scrap DT with you.

JenniferE said...

Congrats on being apart of the DT again! Love your LO! Great ribbon banner!

Michelle Looi said...

Honored to be on the same DT as you again, Lori! Such a happy layout!

Unknown said...

Oh man, I'm such a huge fan of anything disney. Great layout!!

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

Great layout Lori... love Disney layouts!!! So glad you are back for another term on the DT!

Hugs,
Cathy
Let's Scrap Sketches

Val-Belle said...

Such a good idea to keep the negative to get the letters straight. I love that there is always something to learn. This is such a sweet layout and I love the photos. You rocked this one Lori.

Katy said...

What a FUN layout, Lori!!! I'm over-joyed to be on another Team with you!

life documented said...

Awesome Disney layout Lori! love the Cameo cuts...what a great machine huh?!!! So glad to be working along side you again at Let's Scrap this term too!

Jay Kosta said...

Ooh Disneyland - wish I was there!!! Great idea to use the negative space to get your letters straight,looking forward to working with you!

Darcy said...

Great layout - I like your tip about using the negative!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great layout and I love the Mickey's and banners. I have used your hint to keep the cut out to help me align my title so many times since you first told it to me. So excited to be on the design team with you at Let's Scrap.